NEC PC-FX > PC-FX Sales & Trades

PC-FX GA Brand New

(1/12) > >>

BTD:
This is pretty damn cool if I do say so myself.

I imagine most of you guys know what this is.

Turn your PC-98 computer into a PCFX.

This has the ability and software to create your own pcfx games.

$150

UPDATE: https://www.gofundme.com/burn-a-pcfxga-in-my-backyard

PICS : https://imgur.com/a/q1ABA

esteban:
Any additional info you can provide would be wonderful...

http://archives.tg-16.com/Dengeki_PC_Engine_1996_04.htm

The pack-in software...

The installation of hardware...

Any neat notices/documents/disclaimers/warnings....troubleshooting...

BTD:

--- Quote from: esteban on October 15, 2017, 01:29:04 AM ---Any additional info you can provide would be wonderful...

http://archives.tg-16.com/Dengeki_PC_Engine_1996_04.htm

The pack-in software...

The installation of hardware...

Any neat notices/documents/disclaimers/warnings....troubleshooting...

--- End quote ---

Luke Morse does a great YouTube video on it :

elmer:

--- Quote from: BTD on October 15, 2017, 01:35:22 AM ---Luke Morse does a great YouTube video on it :

--- End quote ---

It's a nice un-boxing video that shows the package contents, but he's not very accurate on the actual details, i.e. it really wasn't a popular board at all.

When I was looking a couple of years ago, they weren't that uncommon on Yahoo Japan, even in brand-new condition (IIRC there was a large stock of unsold units).

The specs on the box show the minimum specs for the PC-9801/PC-9821 computer that you plug it into, for a start.

So ... you need a late-generation Japanese NEC PC-9801, or a PC-9821 computer (not an IBM PC).

Unless you've got one of those, which are pretty darned expensive in the USA, it's just a big paper-weight.

The PC-FXGA DOS/V (green box) is the ISA-card version of the same thing that plugs into an old IBM PC-compatible (with approx the same specs).

BTD:

--- Quote from: elmer on October 15, 2017, 05:25:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: BTD on October 15, 2017, 01:35:22 AM ---Luke Morse does a great YouTube video on it :

--- End quote ---

It's a nice un-boxing video that shows the package contents, but he's not very accurate on the actual details, i.e. it really wasn't a popular board at all.

When I was looking a couple of years ago, they weren't that uncommon on Yahoo Japan, even in brand-new condition (IIRC there was a large stock of unsold units).

The specs on the box show the minimum specs for the PC-9801/PC-9821 computer that you plug it into, for a start.

So ... you need a late-generation Japanese NEC PC-9801, or a PC-9821 computer (not an IBM PC).

Unless you've got one of those, which are pretty darned expensive in the USA, it's just a big paper-weight.

The PC-FXGA DOS/V (green box) is the ISA-card version of the same thing that plugs into an old IBM PC-compatible (with approx the same specs).

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: elmer on October 15, 2017, 05:25:00 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Maybe I incorrectly assumed I didn't have to explain what this is... Here of all places.

I don't think anyone here is a stranger to odd Japanese hardware.

Sounds like it's not for you, but don't threadcrap calling it a paperweight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version