Author Topic: Supergrafx + Super CDROM2 power supply  (Read 480 times)

termis

Supergrafx + Super CDROM2 power supply
« on: October 20, 2006, 08:30:42 PM »
So, for those of you that have the "ultimate" PCE system hookup of Supergrafx + Super CDROM2 (not the white one, but the grey piggy-back CD-ROM system), I have a question.

Notice that you have to have a individual power adapters for BOTH the Super CD-ROM2 unit AND the Supergrafx unit?  This is opposed to where if you connected a regular PCE system or a Coregrafx to the SCD-ROM2 unit, you can use the connector that's supplied with the SCD-ROM2 system to connect the the SCD-ROM2 system to the Coregrafx/White PCE system, and have the single power supply that goes into the SCD-ROM2 system powers BOTH of your systems.  Yeah, it sounds confusing, but I'm sure those of you that are Supergrafx owners know exactly what I'm talking about.

Annnnyway, is there a workaround like a custom wire that connects a SCD-ROM2 system and the Supergrafx system so that the single power adapter can power up both systems?

Geez... I'm reading the above and I'm getting confused...   :(

But if any of you know a workout for the above problem, share!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 10:39:27 PM »
I thought that the Super CDROM2 came with a little 3" long power cable that did just that. Does it fit someting else maybe?

herr-g

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 11:10:48 PM »
Unfortunately you cannot use the grey power connector shipped with the SCDRom since the power plug on the SG differs from the Core models.
What you can do is take that cable and change the power plug.
Or you take a fitting cable with SG-like plug from an old power supply, cut it and solder the opposite side on it. Speaking from europe the bigger SG-like plugs are much harder to get, so normally i use old notebook power supply cables for that. Don't know how it is in the US.

Bonknuts

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 06:12:15 AM »
Even in the US (atleast were I live), the SGX plug size/tip is not easy to find. I did manage to find two and used them to make the pass through for the SUPERCROM2/SGX and to attach to another PS for standalone use (in case my CD unit dies).

termis

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 05:39:09 PM »
Quote from: "Bonknuts"
Even in the US (atleast were I live), the SGX plug size/tip is not easy to find. I did manage to find two and used them to make the pass through for the SUPERCROM2/SGX and to attach to another PS for standalone use (in case my CD unit dies).

Hmm... I guess it's time to whip out the soldering iron!

Thanks for the tip.  I'll go and try that out.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:38:11 PM »
Yeah, it's a pain.  But I'm no solderist :lol: