Author Topic: Question: "Retro Gamers" VS "Retro" Collectors  (Read 2000 times)

seieienbu

Re: Question: "Retro Gamers" VS "Retro" Collectors
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 05:15:49 AM »
Every facebook group I've been in seems full of idiot collectors.  Between the ridiculous "Check out this haul!" unboxing videos and endless screenshots of the title of a rare game that someone claims to like (but you'll note very seldom a screenshot of the ending unless it's specifically Mario World or something similar).  All this but no discussion of actually playing games. 

Facebook gaming groups suck.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

nopepper

« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 06:17:14 AM »
You haven’t lived until you’ve played Amiga Dragon’s Lair on floppy. They only get one or two levels on a disc and you’re swapping the things out like mad. It helped a lot to have a HD. I think it’s seven discs.

I played through Ultima V on the Commodore 64.

Reading all these stories makes me happy I always stuck to consoles to get my gaming fix. I guess it was one of the advantages of growing up poor...

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 01:24:28 AM »
Facebook gaming groups suck.
Preach it brother. Only thing good about FB groups is it keeps some of the filthy casuals off the forum. If they do take a detour here, they can all run back to fb when they get butt hurt.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 06:24:58 AM »
FB groups sometimes have a brief moment where they aren't moronic.

Electrohaze's group isn't bad.   The main pages are mostly insufferable dingtards though. 

and the moderation sucks in the one.

I got re-moderatered in the one, though, apparently.

I guess they wanted Sheriff Arkhan back on the job.

lol, I got summoned back to Tatsujin's group to go off on someone, but apparently that person blocked me already so I couldn't enact justice.

Buttf*ckers.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 07:13:20 AM »
Star Sheriff Arkhan?  So nothing happens ever!  :P
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 09:52:14 AM »
Star Sheriff Arkhan?  So nothing happens ever!  :P

lol, he had to move and was without internet.  people are now getting restless.   

I expect a post that a plane crashed into his house and a wormhole opened up and peed in his mouth or something at this point.

really though, people often send me PMs to go take care of some moron in the Turbo FB groups.   

It came full circle at a convention when someone was talking to me and it went like this:

"I love those Turbo groups, there's always an idiot coming in saying something stupid and starting fights and then this one guy always shows up and shuts them... do... wait is that you?"

and then we loled and he high fived me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 10:05:38 AM »
lol, he had to move and was without internet.  people are now getting restless.   

I expect a post that a plane crashed into his house and a wormhole opened up and peed in his mouth or something at this point.

Ha!  That sounds about right.

I don't buy anyone having to do without internet for two months.  No good permanent connection to your home, sure, but surely he can get wi-fi at a local coffee shop or internet through his phone; I can get both in the wild corn fields for f*cks sake!  Even if it were true, it's been three weeks since he's had internet and still no updates.... after months of no updates.

really though, people often send me PMs to go take care of some moron in the Turbo FB groups.   

It came full circle at a convention when someone was talking to me and it went like this:

"I love those Turbo groups, there's always an idiot coming in saying something stupid and starting fights and then this one guy always shows up and shuts them... do... wait is that you?"

and then we loled and he high fived me.

Heh, tilting at farkbook windmills.  I don't know how some of those people function in life.  I can't see 'em tying their own shoes, much less holding down a big boy job.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »
Its the best when they show up all proud of something dumb they did, and then we all tell them they're a window licker, and they remove themselves from the group before we can all finish screenshotting and loling at them.

This one guy though, Tats still hasn't banned even though he sends fightme threats to people.

He gets on people about using ROMs.

It was great when he went off on this dude for "stealing"...

for playing Virtual Console games....

that he PAID FOR.

Gypsy

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »

He gets on people about using ROMs.

It was great when he went off on this dude for "stealing"...

for playing Virtual Console games....

that he PAID FOR.

derpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderpderp