Author Topic: Wii VC service coming to an end soon  (Read 2402 times)

TR0N

Re: Wii VC service coming to an end soon
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 07:01:23 PM »
Thanks for that, Tron! I have 1000 points left over from my buying spree so I'm trying to figure out what I want to spend it on. I've got it narrowed down to The Last Blade 1 or 2, Wonder Boy IV, Sengoku 2 or 3, or maybe some random N64 game.
Don't mention it i just went with a wiiwear,genesis and n64 games for my last buys on the vc.I didn't download any neo-geo games since i all ready have the system itself.Though the switch of late has been getting allot of neo-geo games through the e-shop so there's that.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2018, 07:47:35 PM »
I just got Shock Troopers 1 and 2. f*ck yeah.

For those living in Europe: The Wii Virtual Console lineup of Master System, Mega Drive and NES games should be avoided. Those releases often contain the old PAL roms and thus run at 5/6 gameplay speed, squished with black horizontal bars and, for the earlier releases on these systems, even with 5/6 speed BGM.

For SNES and above, the games offered on VC are either old roms that had already been optimized for PAL back in the day when they were available on cartridge, with improved gameplay speed, less bars and correct BGM speed. Or just straight NTSC roms that run at 60 Hz no matter what (all TurboGrafx-16/PCE games).

E.g.:
Castlevania (NES): 5/6 gameplay speed, squished with horizontal bars, 5/6 BGM
Castlevania III (NES): 5/6 gameplay speed, squished with horizontal bars, correct BGM speed
Super Castlevania IV (SNES): Improved gameplay speed, slight bars, correct BGM speed
Castlevania X: Rondo of Blood (TG-16/PCE): NTSC (no reduction in gameplay speed, no bars, correct BGM speed).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:20:48 PM by ClodBuster »

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Mathius

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 08:04:23 AM »
I just picked up Shock Troopers II, Ys Book 1&2, Gate of Thunder, Alien Crush Returns, Dracula X, Mega Man 9, Shinobi Arcade, Sengoku 2. I have 3000 Points left. I may pick up some Metal Slugs for their 240p output. That's why I got most of the above games. They look beautiful via component on a CRT.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 09:52:19 PM »
I also got Mega Man 10 (Wii Ware), Space Harrier (Arcade), Pokémon Snap (N64) and Harvest Moon (SNES).

Space Harrier allows for a wide variety of control schemes via D-pad, analog stick and even motion controls using the Wii Nunchuk. Good thing there's a menu option to reverse the Y-axis as well as a button for feeding the machine with credits until you get fed up with the trademark Space Harrier "Aaaaaaaargh!" scream.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Mathius

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »
I also got Mega Man 10 (Wii Ware), Space Harrier (Arcade), Pokémon Snap (N64) and Harvest Moon (SNES).

Space Harrier allows for a wide variety of control schemes via D-pad, analog stick and even motion controls using the Wii Nunchuk. Good thing there's a menu option to reverse the Y-axis as well as a button for feeding the machine with credits until you get fed up with the trademark Space Harrier "Aaaaaaaargh!" scream.
M2 did the Wii VC port which explains all the attention to detail.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406