Author Topic: Showing off the PCFX to Playstation or Saturn owners?  (Read 5886 times)

xelement5x

Re: Showing off the PCFX to Playstation or Saturn owners?
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2017, 09:10:40 AM »
Soo, back on topic a bit I suppose...

Has anyone given much of a play to Ruruli Ra Rura?  I've heard pretty mixed things about the game but as a big fan of Popful Mail it looks like there are some similarities to it with the character switching and the general platforming, but it sounds like it is a bit unfinished in some areas.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2017, 09:30:10 AM »
It's cute but really slow and kinda hard to figure out what you're supposed to do.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Mathius

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2017, 05:28:58 PM »
Women? On the Internet?? Where???
It's unfortunate, but I feel ya... The retro-gaming community is a bloody sausage party, you have no idea how much I wish I could find someone to whom I could talk about hair, make-up and fashion as well as Street Fighter II, Dragon's Curse and Soldier Blade, but let's just say it's a little difficult >w>

Hey Michirin. If you're interested every April in Milwaukee we run a game convention called MGC where we have a museum area which includes a Turbofest. We have four or five other girls in our group including my wife that you may enjoy hanging out with to talk games, anime, etc. We're all one big family. Just puttin' it out there in case you were ever interested.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Michirin9801

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2017, 05:10:58 AM »
Hey Michirin. If you're interested every April in Milwaukee we run a game convention called MGC where we have a museum area which includes a Turbofest. We have four or five other girls in our group including my wife that you may enjoy hanging out with to talk games, anime, etc. We're all one big family. Just puttin' it out there in case you were ever interested.

If I'm ever in the area, I'll be sure to go there!

Serega81

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2017, 08:25:26 AM »
Ruruli Ra Rura is a cool little game, but to second Necromancer, there were plenty of times I got stuck, because of stage design elements..  I never beat it, because, for all of its charm, it does feel unfinished. 
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2017, 03:29:27 PM »
Ruruli Ra Rura is a cool little game, but to second Necromancer, there were plenty of times I got stuck, because of stage design elements..  I never beat it, because, for all of its charm, it does feel unfinished. 

its also really ugly, considering the hardware, and how like..

they could have tried harder with the art.   
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

TheClash603

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2018, 08:02:04 AM »

I just picked this up and haven't played yet.

Are people getting stuck because the language barrier or because the game sucks?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2018, 06:05:12 AM »

I just picked this up and haven't played yet.

Are people getting stuck because the language barrier or because the game sucks?

I think it has more to do with design flaws. Like it wasn't fully tested, but they were like- "HOLY SHIT, AN ACTUAL ACTION PLATFORMER FOR PCFX!?!?"

"It's not ready yet..."

"f*ck YOU, WE'LL PATCH IT LATER! RELEASE IT TODAY!"

"Are we Ubi Soft?...  Tell me we're not Ubi Soft..."

"Is it 2018?"

"f*ck, we're Ubi Soft aren't we?"

SamIAm

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2018, 09:44:12 PM »
There has to be a story behind Rururi Ra Rura. It was announced in 1995, IIRC, and wasn't released until 1998. They just couldn't have been working on it all that time. It's unbelievably unpolished.

When elmer and I did the Zeroigar translation, I searched PCE mags for info about it, and I found out that even though it was released in August 1997, it looked like it was mostly done a good year beforehand. It makes me wonder if NEC or their third parties tried to stagger the PC-FX's few releases.

TheClash603

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2018, 12:59:00 AM »
There has to be a story behind Rururi Ra Rura. It was announced in 1995, IIRC, and wasn't released until 1998. They just couldn't have been working on it all that time. It's unbelievably unpolished.

When elmer and I did the Zeroigar translation, I searched PCE mags for info about it, and I found out that even though it was released in August 1997, it looked like it was mostly done a good year beforehand. It makes me wonder if NEC or their third parties tried to stagger the PC-FX's few releases.

Perhaps they cancelled the game and then decided...  "meh, it's good enough."

Speaking of the two English translations, they play on real hardware on CD-R right?  Anyone have a CD burner that can help a non-burner out?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2018, 02:21:45 AM »
Speaking of the two English translations, they play on real hardware on CD-R right?  Anyone have a CD burner that can help a non-burner out?

PM me yo' address and I'll send you 'em.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2018, 04:04:50 AM »
Yes they do Clash. I played through Zeroigar that way. Game is the nutter butters.