Author Topic: Pyron's Genesis color hacks  (Read 518 times)

lukester

Pyron's Genesis color hacks
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:20:14 PM »
I don't know who else knows this, but someone named Pyron on Sega-16 has created a ton of genesis color hacks, that replace some of the dull colors with much more pleasing ones

Some of the differences are night and day! This link has all the IPS patches.

https://www.romhacking.net/community/3226/

esteban

Pyron's Genesis color hacks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:41:44 PM »
This is very interesting...

Also, sadly, on a more personal note, the temptation to recycle an old advertisement is too strong...

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:48:23 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

xelement5x

Re: Pyron's Genesis color hacks
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:46:20 AM »
He is a super skilled guy, I think he was working on a hack for Punisher as well but is not done yet.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:54:10 AM »
I first heard of him on an episode of game sack.

One day I plan to ever drive the way the pros do.

With fully patched games that include better translations new colors and all the trimmings.

But I am to lazy to do the work. Lol

Anyone happen to just let me dump their rom and files set onto a SD card for evwrdrive use?

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:43:05 AM »
Other guys have also done some amazing color hacks too.

The Punisher hack may not get completed because the game is so limited in the firsf place.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

xelement5x

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 06:58:20 AM »

The Punisher hack may not get completed because the game is so limited in the firsf place.

That's what kills me.  The game has some major shortcomings, but it's already some crazy expensive game on the Genesis anyway. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »

That's what kills me.  The game has some major shortcomings, but it's already some crazy expensive game on the Genesis anyway. 

It’s okay game. Not bad but unfortantly I feel it would have translated better on the SNES from the arcade.

I want to say cart only isn’t to expensive.

seieienbu

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 07:49:03 AM »
I just did an ebay price check on Punisher out of curiosity.  I am consistently amazed what some games that I consider sub-par go for.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93