Author Topic: Found - Batman New & Sealed for $100  (Read 2333 times)

tbone3969

Re: WTB Batman New & Sealed for $100
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2018, 10:10:49 AM »
you guys are funny.  My friend is certainly real.  His name is Gio and he just dropped $1,300 on video games at J & L Video games in NYC.  I can't make this stuff up.  I tried to make him listen to reason as he bought all this stuff but he just wouldn't listen.  He paid cash for it and it's all game he could have gotten on eBay for about half what he paid.  I don't understand it.  He got Gradius 2 for PC engine CD for $89.99 plus tax.  That was my recommendation.  He bought Tailspin for like $50 or $60 dollars.  I begged him not to get ir.  Oh well, live and let live I say.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Gypsy

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »
Picture of you and your friend with today's newspaper please.

Black Tiger

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2018, 01:14:07 PM »
you guys are funny.  My friend is certainly real.  His name is Gio and he just dropped $1,300 on video games at J & L Video games in NYC.  I can't make this stuff up.  I tried to make him listen to reason as he bought all this stuff but he just wouldn't listen.  He paid cash for it and it's all game he could have gotten on eBay for about half what he paid.  I don't understand it.  He got Gradius 2 for PC engine CD for $89.99 plus tax.  That was my recommendation.  He bought Tailspin for like $50 or $60 dollars.  I begged him not to get ir.  Oh well, live and let live I say.

This is the guy you want us to help you get a deal?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Gypsy

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »

I think it's time for tbone to take his friend out back and put him down.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2018, 02:17:34 AM »

Yeah, he overspends by $650 on stuff locally but wants help saving $10 on Batman?  Makes total sense.  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tbone3969

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2018, 03:01:33 AM »

Yeah, he overspends by $650 on stuff locally but wants help saving $10 on Batman?  Makes total sense.  :lol:

Hey, change happens slowly.  I am trying to help him to start saving money.  It's been difficult to say the least.  He has no current ID.  No lease where he lives and he isn't allowed access to the mailbox.  Trying to get him a bank account with no ID or address is really tough.  I told him that not having access to his mail is illegal, or at least I think it is.  The person he sublets from will not give him the mail box key to copy and all the mail that is sent to his address, in his name, never gets to him.  I think the guy he is living with just tosses it.  IDK
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2018, 03:36:50 AM »
Your friend definitely has bigger, life-threating problems he should get solved _before_ worrying about overpriced videogames. And you're not helping by trying to sell luxury items to him.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

tbone3969

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2018, 03:45:06 AM »
Your friend definitely has bigger, life-threating problems he should get solved _before_ worrying about overpriced videogames. And you're not helping by trying to sell luxury items to him.

I have tried to talk some sense into him.  He wanted me to order him a DUO-RX in the box for $700 off eBay.  I refused.  Then he goes and drops $1,300 at J & L.  So frustrating.  I figured $100 for Batman is reasonable after seeing his other purchases.  Whatever.  I'll probably just give it to him for his birthday in April.  That is IF I find one for cheap.

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2018, 06:14:20 AM »
This thread is all lulz and lies~
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

tbone3969

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:14 AM »
I can assure you I am not lying.  Why would I lie about this?  It isn't a crazy story or anything.  I genuinely feel for the guy and I am trying to help him out.  I live in NYC and meet a lot of people selling and buying retro games on Craigslist and the app called Offer Up.  I met him, Gio, through Offer Up where he paid me cash for some retro games and systems.  At first I didn't feel bad charging him crazy prices but after a while I said "you can get much better prices on eBay, you should just buy off of there".  Then this is when I discovered all the issues with him not having ID, not getting mail, etc.  I started hanging with him a little bit and he took me to J & L Video games where he drops money like its water.  Pays cash for everything.  Why in the world would I make this story up?  I guess I can ask him to pose for a picture with a current newspaper but that would be strange.  Anyway, if anyone has tips on how to help him get his paperwork in order, get a checking account, and get a credit card or PayPal account, let me know.  He might have to pay for a lawyer at this point.  Not sure.  Feel bad for the guy, honestly.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2018, 07:55:28 AM »
Have stuff delivered to work/friend/relative; sign up for paypal and fund it with pre-paid visa/mastercard bought with cash at a local store; stop being a retard.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

tbone3969

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 07:59:32 AM »
Have stuff delivered to work/friend/relative; sign up for paypal and fund it with pre-paid visa/mastercard bought with cash at a local store; stop being a retard.

Hmm....  Didn't know you could set up a PayPal account with a prepaid card.  Interesting.  We will give it a shot.  I thought you had to link a bank account as well.  We shall see.

Stop being a retard... now who would want to do that?

SignOfZeta

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2018, 08:49:45 AM »
Does your friend know you’re bringing him into this? To me it seems rude the way you’re speaking so casually of his finances.

tbone3969

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2018, 11:25:25 AM »
Does your friend know you’re bringing him into this? To me it seems rude the way you’re speaking so casually of his finances.

He has given me permission to run and print out his credit report, file for credit cards on his behalf, file for his birth certificate, and try to do whatever I can to help him out.  I even found him some money on the NY State Comptrollers website for unclaimed funds, although I can't figure out how to get him the check as he can't receive mail.  Pretty much all the tasks he wants me to help him with involve him having an address to receive mail so I have hit a wall. 

I don't think what I have shared is anything so personal he wouldn't want me to share.  I should double check with him I guess.  Just trying to get some advice from the peeps on this site.  He doesn't have a PC or internet, even his phone is shut off from time to time.  He wants me to do whatever I can to help him so he says.

As a side note, I suggest everyone do a search on their states unclaimed property web page for unclaimed funds.  Just put your name in and see if it gets any hits.  I got my wife $700 and my mother in law thousands of dollars this way.  You claim the funds and they send you a check in the mail.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »
Sorry for derailing this thread even more, but when I read "credit report", this song came instantly to my mind:

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no