Author Topic: Hey it's Lent  (Read 1003 times)

NightWolve

Re: Hey it's Lent
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 04:52:23 AM »
I gave up pcefx for Lent.

I blame the devil for this horrid affair with FacialBook and InstaShite.

Just to give credit where credit is due, "FacialBook" was sparky's joke comrade. I know you heard it from me first and took a liking to it, but I should not let you continue to think I was responsible for that creativity. ;)

xelement5x

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2018, 04:27:30 PM »
I made it through my Lent abstinence but probably didn't get that much out of it.  Didn't even go to church for Easter, but I made it last week.

My daughter loves church because she has somehow associated it with the donuts afterwards.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esteban

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 05:24:24 PM »
I made it through my Lent abstinence but probably didn't get that much out of it.  Didn't even go to church for Easter, but I made it last week.

My daughter loves church because she has somehow associated it with the donuts afterwards.

Let me be the first atheist to admit that I would go to church if I was guaranteed donuts and coffee.

Amen.
  |    | 

crazydean

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2018, 05:32:05 AM »

Let me be the first atheist to admit that I would go to church if I was guaranteed donuts and coffee.

Amen.

The churches I went to as a kid always had free coffee and sometimes donuts!

I have been to a few that actually sell coffee...that’s a little too close to business in a house of worship to me. I’m not personally offended, but it’s quite hypocritical.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 05:37:25 AM »
Some friends go to a church with two hour services with a half hour "intermission" for coffee and donuts right in the middle.  I love me some donuts, but damn... two hours?!?

Still, I almost feel cheated only getting a little cracker.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

Hey it's Lent
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2018, 09:03:50 AM »
Some friends go to a church with two hour services with a half hour "intermission" for coffee and donuts right in the middle.  I love me some donuts, but damn... two hours?!?

Pour some Velveeta on that cracker and [emoji4]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:11:10 PM by esteban »
  |    | 

HailingTheThings

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 10:20:00 AM »

Churches have come a long way. These days its commonplace for them to prominently feature same-sex couple make out tents right next to the smoking section.

God bless America.

<3

wildfruit

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 11:20:18 AM »
I agnostically abstain from abstaining. Though my dad only had fish on Friday growing up and when I was younger I did go church occasionally. Not too regularly but I went to a church school so it was like going every day.

soop

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 11:30:05 AM »
Fun fact: back in the day, the church declared that beavers were fish.  The reason?  So the pope could eat beavers on the sabbath.  No innuendo intended.

NightWolve

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »
Fun fact: back in the day, the church declared that beavers were fish.  The reason?  So the pope could eat beavers on the sabbath.  No innuendo intended.

:lol:

So that was true, ha! I thought your denial of innuendo was sarcasm!