Author Topic: Can anybody with an original copy of Neo Nectaris check something for me?  (Read 1157 times)

toaks

This is driving me nuts for some reason. I wish I had the game to test this.

Me too man, me too. lol

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
I don't have it either.  :(
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

exodus

Surprised how few people have this game! I was sure I'd come back in a few days and someone else would've beaten me to it.

Anyway, here's your answer: It's the "same" on a legit disc. I say "same" because track 25 is the intro music, which starts low and gets louder by design. If your version doesn't get louder, that's strange, but yeah, otherwise that's what it does. tracks 26 and up are nothing. I remember thinking this was weird back in the day because of course the game doesn't have 99 cd tracks, right? They just made the menu without taking into account how many tracks there were because it was easier. I even remember looking through them all to find something "hidden," but now I recognize they were just taking an easy road :P

Also there are 31 tracks on this disc, yes, but some is data, and some is cutscene/VO stuff, and they just didn't include that stuff in the "CD music" section, so you wind up with 25 tracks.

So I'm gonna say your rip is working as intended, unless somehow your track 25 doesn't get louder after the first 5 seconds, but that'd be a real weird specific thing.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:52:21 AM by exodus »

roflmao

I'll check my version and report back. If I think about it I'll record a video so you can listen along! :D

EDIT:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:27:56 PM by roflmao »

toaks

I'll check my version and report back. If I think about it I'll record a video so you can listen along! :D

EDIT:

Thanks for this update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toaks

I'm using a Turboripped copy of Neo Nectaris. When I use the ingame sound menu, cd track 25 is a much lower volume than the rest of the tracks, and track 26 and up do not play. Is this the same on an original copy or do I  have a bad rip? Thanks!

I tried a real CD and I can't get anything past 25 as well.. maybe 25 is simply the last track?  As far as volume it doesn't sound a whole lot lower to me aside from the natural recording of it. Then again I only tried it on a low grade CRT with a single mono speaker. :)

On another note.. are you able to get past the intro animation on your ripped copy? On my ripped copies I have to use a password to play stage 1 else it freezes on the intro movie. It plays 100% fine otherwise. Only on the real disc am I able to start the game from stage 1 naturally through the intro movie.

Oh and this is on a real Duo..  on emulator all discs (burned and original) play fine.
Hey just a quick update for you NE146. I tried loading the rip on the Super SD System 3 that wouldn’t get past the intro video on my Duo. It loads perfectly! I don’t know what is preventing it from working on the Duo but yea it works great on the SsdS3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk