Author Topic: Pricey games  (Read 2951 times)

seieienbu

Re: Pricey games
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2018, 06:53:57 PM »
Time Cruise 2 is definitely a weird one to be so high.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TheClash603

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 04:45:23 AM »
Time Cruise 2 is definitely a weird one to be so high.

I'll admit, I bought it years ago because I thought it was the sequel to the TG16 game.  Maybe a bunch of people are getting tricked like I did?  I didn't pay nearly this much at least.

seieienbu

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »
I've actually never played the game.  Why?  Because I thought until this very moment that it was the sequel to the Turbo game.  Now I'm at least going to check out a rom of it :lol:
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

soop

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 11:45:17 PM »
I think it's important to make a distinction between how much games sell for and how much they're listed for.  In the case of Nexzr, you'll find a tonne of listings on eBay that never sell (or do so once in a blue moon), and plenty that are listed for a more reasonable price that sell often.  It's the difference between checking the sold prices and listed prices.

Lo and behold.  One Time Cruise 2 sold for £22, one sold for £36, and one (the only auction) ended at £16.  Those are the only sold listings. Just be patient if you want it that bad, it's not a $70 game.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:48:51 PM by soop »

schweaty

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2018, 04:52:01 AM »
I think it's important to make a distinction between how much games sell for and how much they're listed for.  In the case of Nexzr, you'll find a tonne of listings on eBay that never sell (or do so once in a blue moon), and plenty that are listed for a more reasonable price that sell often.  It's the difference between checking the sold prices and listed prices.

Lo and behold.  One Time Cruise 2 sold for £22, one sold for £36, and one (the only auction) ended at £16.  Those are the only sold listings. Just be patient if you want it that bad, it's not a $70 game.

This.  Sold auctions is all you should be looking at to determine the market value.  Not listings or sold buy-it-nows.  Just because one ass-hat paid that much once doesn't mean that's the new price.