Author Topic: NES classic  (Read 12478 times)

Gredler

Re: NES classic
« Reply #285 on: October 10, 2017, 08:15:56 AM »
Sorry Greg, but hockey games stink like the Pittsburgh Penguins's locker room!
Kunio Ice Hockey is pretty fun though, ever try it?

I have yet to play it, but I DID pick that up at Super Potato in Japan :)

And you're wrong, the 16 bit hockey games were second only to the Hitz/WayneGretzky's 3d Hockey games.

So much fun, you must be playing vs computers or something because I challenge anyone to show me a more entertaining competitive team sport game.

Luke I think you're in a great position to recommend some obscure games to throw on this thing; what are some infrequently discussed SNES games to toss on this, possibly fan translated games or otherwise?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:31:58 AM by Gredler »

lukester

« Reply #286 on: October 10, 2017, 08:44:53 AM »
Luke I think you're in a great position to recommend some obscure games to throw on this thing; what are some infrequently discussed SNES games to toss on this, possibly fan translated games or otherwise?

I don't know too many snes games outside the classics but I'm still exploring it. Library is a lot larger then the pc engine though it really lacks in the shooties.

Super Bonk 2, Zenki Battle Raiden, Battle Mobile, Ys V, Great Battle V, Kunio (Renegade sequel), Gokujo Parodius, Hammerin Harry, Rendering Ranger, Ninja Warriors, and Shockman Zero are all good shit

For the military madness fans, there's Earth Light (parody version) and another game similar to Front Mision

gheebee

« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »
Got an email from Woot.com earlier that said they were going to have some NES Classics for sale as an "appsclusive" (you can only buy them through their app, not on the web page...) tomorrow, Thurs, 11/9. So if you're willing to load some arbitrary bs on your phone, tablet, or whatever to buy something then you might have a shot at getting one. No mention of price.

crazydean

« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2017, 05:27:18 PM »
Got an email from Woot.com earlier that said they were going to have some NES Classics for sale as an "appsclusive" (you can only buy them through their app, not on the web page...) tomorrow, Thurs, 11/9. So if you're willing to load some arbitrary bs on your phone, tablet, or whatever to buy something then you might have a shot at getting one. No mention of price.

There has been an official announcement of more NES Classic's next year. If you've waited this long, it's probably best to keep waiting.

I wonder if the next production run will be different in any way. I hope it is identical so collectards don't buy yet another useless box for their shelf.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

gheebee

« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2017, 01:07:08 AM »
There has been an official announcement of more NES Classic's next year. If you've waited this long, it's probably best to keep waiting.

I wonder if the next production run will be different in any way. I hope it is identical so collectards don't buy yet another useless box for their shelf.

Yeah, I'm only willing to buy one if I can buy it like any other item without having to jump through hoops but this might be worthwhile for those willing to load the app since Woot is a discount site and they might get a good deal or, at the very least, get it now. Then again they could probably charge more than MSRP or bundle it with some other crap they want to move and they would more than likely still sell out so who knows. Pretty curious as to the details of this sale.
I base this on nothing but my own pessimism but I figure that the next iteration will be different in some way and just hope that it still has everything I want when it does get re-released.

xelement5x

« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2017, 04:21:24 AM »

Yeah, I'm only willing to buy one if I can buy it like any other item without having to jump through hoops but this might be worthwhile for those willing to load the app since Woot is a discount site and they might get a good deal or, at the very least, get it now. Then again they could probably charge more than MSRP or bundle it with some other crap they want to move and they would more than likely still sell out so who knows. Pretty curious as to the details of this sale.
I base this on nothing but my own pessimism but I figure that the next iteration will be different in some way and just hope that it still has everything I want when it does get re-released.

I was a longtime woot addict and obtained many a bag of crap back in the day, but after the purchase of them by Amazon I feel like their deals are not as good, but there are more of them.  I still browse occasionally though, they are really good for cheap/refub PCs and laptops. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

gheebee

« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2017, 06:57:10 AM »
Yeah, years ago I used to check them daily and got a few good deals but after months and months of not seeing anything worthwhile I stopped doing this a few years back.

crazydean

« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2017, 09:49:20 AM »
Yeah, years ago I used to check them daily and got a few good deals but after months and months of not seeing anything worthwhile I stopped doing this a few years back.

Did you ever check out the NES Classic deal?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

gheebee

« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2017, 03:09:57 PM »
Did you ever check out the NES Classic deal?

Nah, I wasn't going to install the app. I was curious about the price though so I checked the comments on slickdeals and supposedly they were $49.99. As you'd expect they sold out more or less instantly. Wonder how many app uninstalls they got shortly after the sale...

sirhcman

« Reply #294 on: November 10, 2017, 12:49:45 AM »
Wonder how many app uninstalls they got shortly after the sale...

At least 1..

Digi.k

« Reply #295 on: May 16, 2018, 02:30:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/995831060826030080

will return to stores on June 29! This system and the SNES classic Edition system are expected to be available through the end of the year

johnnykonami

« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2018, 09:40:39 AM »
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/995831060826030080

will return to stores on June 29! This system and the SNES classic Edition system are expected to be available through the end of the year

I am pump!

I got the SNES classic when it came out at TRU, it's pretty cool but like everybody else I have my opinions on what games I'd exchange for what is there.  It's an 80% (as in personally enjoyable) lineup.  My number one game is Super Punch Out, which I still need to finish, and my last place game is SF2 (available on everything, plus I bought the PCE port a while ago which I prefer).

The NES classic will be much the same where the entire library isn't perfect but it's pretty good.  I hope I can nab one on the re-release, it was impossible on the first round to get one (I was screwed over by Amazon.)  TRU may not be around to do the NES Classic (I haven't kept up with TRU news) but I hope they or someone just like them makes it easy to get one.

seieienbu

« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2018, 12:13:56 PM »
If I encounter one and can buy it at MSRP I'll likely buy the thing.  Any more effort than that and I'm out.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

johnnykonami

« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2018, 02:49:56 PM »
Same here, MSRP or bust.