Author Topic: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon  (Read 2646 times)

kazekirifx

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
« on: May 30, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »
So is anyone playing this great new 8-bit Castlevania-style game?
It's really a great loveletter to Castlevania 3 and I highly recommend it.

My brothers and I made a youtube review if anyone wants to know more of my thoughts.
https://youtu.be/YyhaZqyN4qQ

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the game.

Medic_wheat

Re: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:58:49 PM »
I am in the middle of moving and have all my stuff boxed up.

Do backers get this game as well?  Will it be included physically with the full game? 

GaijinD

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »
Do backers get this game as well?  Will it be included physically with the full game?

Backers get download codes if they backed at at least $28. Unfortunately, there seems to have been a snafu with the console codes, so they haven't all gone out yet.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.

kazekirifx

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 03:17:38 PM »
Backers get download codes if they backed at at least $28. Unfortunately, there seems to have been a snafu with the console codes, so they haven't all gone out yet.

Yeah. It's so sad that some of them probably ended up just buying the game again in order to play it sooner.

NightWolve

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
Oh never mind, so there is a Windows PC Steam port. Maybe I'll add it to my Steam library soon out of respect -- despite my backlog hell/quagmire -- as I usually do with my game purchases.

So it's some kind of special treat/bonus 8-bit game that they threw in, an "appetizer" if you will before we get to sink our teeth into the "main course" (see what I did there? :mrgreen:), I didn't know this was part of the plan, that's purty cool!

https://kotaku.com/bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon-is-an-8-bit-style-spino-1825974670
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:58:43 PM by NightWolve »

kazekirifx

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 04:12:27 PM »
Definitely worth putting at the top of your backlog, NightWolve. It's a nice little treat of a game. And if you only want to do one playthrough, it only takes a few hours playtime at most. There's plenty more to do though if you're interested in unlocking other play modes.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 07:18:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm waiting for my Vita code.

Pfloydguy2

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 11:09:36 PM »
I've been having fun with it.  I backed the main game, so I'm supposed to get two digital copies of Curse of the Moon for free.  My download codes still haven't shown up yet.  IntiCreates gave all backers a temporary Steam code for it, so I've been playing it on my PC.

Overall it's a great throwback to CV3.  I don't think the soundtrack is especially memorable.  One of the BGMs is distinctly Michiru Yamane, which is good except that she gets more generic the more she does.  I haven't played through every path yet (the game has branching paths through the levels similarly to CV3) and I know there's still quite a bit of content I haven't seen, but I'm waiting til I can play it on console to do much more.  On my computer, I have to put up with screen timeouts, controller compatibility, interruptions from anti-virus updates, and similar garbage (PC mastur race!!!!!1!1!).

NightWolve

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 03:30:30 AM »
On my computer, I have to put up with screen timeouts, controller compatibility, interruptions from anti-virus updates, and similar garbage (PC mastur race!!!!!1!1!).

nopepper

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2018, 10:45:54 AM »
Got it for Vita, as it's PSTV compatible and I am enjoying it quite a bit. Nothing gimmicky about it, just good, solid level designs and quite inspired boss battles. The graphics are well done, and very pleasing, with good utilization of the limited NES like palette. The music is nice as well, although it doesn't give me the Castlevania vibe. Maybe it's the instruments used, but it sounds very Shovel Knight to me.

Always enjoy your videos, especially the Neo Geo stuff. Keep it up mate.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2018, 06:26:01 PM »
Vita TV compatible!?  Awesome, I missed that.  One more great reason I chose the Vita version!  I(as a backer) think maybe I'll get the code for the game this friday if I remember right?

nopepper

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 03:52:34 AM »
It absolutely is compatible and not like Axiom Verge that supposedly works but is unplayable due to lack of touch screen controls being mapped to PS3/PS4 controller. Curse of the Moon works 100% of the time 100% of the time.

Very addicting game; everyone that likes classic gaming should give it a try.

Flare65

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 02:19:34 AM »
Did they ever send the codes out to the console backers yet?

Kinda shitty that you can buy it for the consoles, but the backers have to sit and wait.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 05:33:25 AM »

Kinda shitty that you can buy it for the consoles, but the backers have to sit and wait.

I have seen some people have gotten them. However those who have seem to be youtubers doing streams and what not they might have had preference to drunk up word of mouth and sales.

nectarsis

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 06:12:30 AM »

I got my code sometime last week and already beat it
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>