Author Topic: Bootleg Amiibos - anyone else make em?  (Read 2681 times)

nullity

Bootleg Amiibos - anyone else make em?
« on: February 25, 2019, 02:38:36 PM »
Just snagged mats to make 50 amiibo coins. Going to document the process here and show off the finished product, but for now, here's a crappy prototype.

Anyone else ever make an amiibo clone? Show them off here!

Black Tiger

Re: Bootleg Amiibos - anyone else make em?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
You should sell your rare variants for a premium, paired with an energy drink featuring an equally rare custom label.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »
And rubber stake dildo?   :lol:

I like the idea if it unlocks fun stuff in games, rather than paying a bunch of money for garbage toys.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nullity

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »
You should sell your rare variants for a premium, paired with an energy drink featuring an equally rare custom label.

Great minds think alike! I've been bottling up all my semens for the Kickstarter bonus!

And rubber stake dildo?   :lol:

I like the idea if it unlocks fun stuff in games, rather than paying a bunch of money for garbage toys.

Indeed they do, but not as much fun stuff as a rubber stake dildo. :(

I'm using TagMo on my phone to write some 215 nfc tags. Ordered a bunch of coin collector cases, transparent inkjet printer paper, and clear acryllic spacers to layer art within the 3mm x 30mm of space within the case. They should actually look pretty slick when finished, and I'mma stick a QR code on the back of each coin that will take you to the Wikia fan page that lists all the shit the amiibo unlocks in each game.

The fun part comes next... Making the Photoshop templates and cutting out countless circles of paper... :D

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 02:46:44 PM »
If you're going to cut out circles I know there are scrapbooking tools that are basically a punch to make a circle of a given diameter.  Cutting out in circles is kind of a pain in the butt from my experience.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

nullity

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 06:00:11 PM »
Oh, yeah... No way would I cut all that with scissors. This is among the tools I picked up:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0006HUJ0S

Punch

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 02:49:27 PM »
 :geni: :geni: :geni: :geni: :geni: calling dibs on the nightwolf amiibo  :geni: :geni: :geni: :geni: :geni:

xelement5x

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 03:21:22 PM »
Damn you are going all in nully.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story