Author Topic: im sure i had large cartridges for my pc engine  (Read 1066 times)

the777

im sure i had large cartridges for my pc engine
« on: February 01, 2020, 07:48:14 PM »
i bought what im sure was a pc engine or maybe it was a clone, years ago from a second hand shop. it cost me around £60. it had outrun, pac land and fighting street on it. it also had big cartridges, bigger than nes ones. maybe it took arcade carts? i think it also had the hu card slot. i cant find any info about this on google. can someone help?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 07:51:28 PM by the777 »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: im sure i had large cartridges for my pc engine
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:58:30 PM »
Sounds like some sort of emulator box.  There were no physically larger official carts (the arcade systems were built using normal hardware and played normal hucards) other than the slightly larger ones like Street Fighter II, and they certainly never sold official hardware with the ability to play ISOs (Fighting Street).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

the777

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:17:42 AM »
this was like 25 years ago

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »
Hmmm.  Maybe one of the clone systems?  There's a few different versions, some that used moderately clunkier, larger carts:  http://www.videogameden.com/pirate.htm

I think you gotta be mistaken about Fighting Street though.  Even if someone made it run from a huey, it would've been ridiculously expensive to produce such a huge capacity cart.  Maybe it was Fighting Run?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

the777

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 09:57:09 PM »
Hmmm.  Maybe one of the clone systems?  There's a few different versions, some that used moderately clunkier, larger carts:  http://www.videogameden.com/pirate.htm

I think you gotta be mistaken about Fighting Street though.  Even if someone made it run from a huey, it would've been ridiculously expensive to produce such a huge capacity cart.  Maybe it was Fighting Run?

no, your right, i was wrong it didnt have fighting street on it. and it didnt use anything like a bigger hu card, like on that site. more like a  master system cartridge but twice as long. i think the console was green and white, if i remember. it used to crash alot too as the cartridges were always a bit loose. and i think the carts were green
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:02:08 PM by the777 »

videofestival

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 03:50:31 AM »
I have a fat Batman cart for these old clone systems for trade, if you have any doubles. PM me if you are interested..

the777

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 10:37:27 PM »
no, they were longer width ways than length.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:39:58 PM by the777 »

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 07:00:21 AM »
Sounds like some kind of Famiclone to me, with relabled cartridges.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no