Author Topic: Mega SD  (Read 1118 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Mega SD
« on: June 17, 2019, 09:03:06 PM »
Mega SD

A flash cart that let's you play carts and CDs through the cart slot of any model feka, even a model 3 or a nomad.  Pretty, neato, though it ain't cheap.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Mega SD
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 10:11:09 AM »
The latest news on the feka front to be sure. I was never over enamored with the SegaCD library(rpgs do not do much for me) but I kept my CD for the few games that I liked, namely the shooters, Flink and Final Fight. Of course with the cost of working CD units going up(?), this could be a future proof solution.

I know some Sega CDs have gotten high (looking at you Keio!), but this does not address the collectard that wants original product. If you already have a Sega CD, you can burn(baby, burn) your games to play them.

I wonder what niche market Terraonion is looking at. Anyone with a PC can EMU the Genesis/SegaCD library with ease, and collectors want original stuffs. Is there a growing group of gamers that want to run on real hardware but do not mind the software media(burns, flashcarts)? I thought I was alone...

Conspiracy thoughts: I think this is just Feka agents trying to usurp our Obey hype for the recent announcement of the TG-16/PCE mini's!

PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

GohanX

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 02:25:29 PM »
Majors, I think there are a lot of us old guys that are die hard players but no necessarily collectors. So we want to play in perfect quality so we want to keep using real systems, but don't necessarily care about the media as long as it plays correctly. There are several systems (including PCE!) that I've purged most of the software but kept the original hardware along with the Everdrives and CD images and such.

On the flip side, there are also some noobs who are just getting into it and buying clone systems and want stuff like these. Guys who bought the Analogue MegaSG and just want to throw the MegaSD cart in it and have a system that plays everything in HDMI about as close to perfect as you can get.

geise

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 08:58:10 PM »
The fact that I just realized from this thread that I can play sega cd games with this on my nomad has me thinking of buying one. I sure as hell don't need it having a hacked vita, gpd win 1 and 2, and 5 thousand other ways to emulate sega cd in a portable format. Having it on the nomad though...kinda tempting.

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 11:10:03 PM »
The fact that I just realized from this thread that I can play sega cd games with this on my nomad has me thinking of buying one. I sure as hell don't need it having a hacked vita, gpd win 1 and 2, and 5 thousand other ways to emulate sega cd in a portable format. Having it on the nomad though...kinda tempting.

You know that's a pretty good point, and the Nomad already has TV out too if you want.  I wonder if the screen replacements are still pretty decent for Nomad.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

geise

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
Well, last year I was using my nomad one night playing Shining Force. All of a sudden a vertical line formed on my screen. It would never go away. So, I sent it to chop. He tried everything to fix it. It was actually worse by the time it got to him in the mail. Said it had multiple lines on the screen. A cap replacement helped some, but in the end he just swapped it with another original screen from a dead nomad. Works great. A new screen would be nice, but I'm fine with stock. I eventually might try the lcd screen replacement, but I don't have the time to attempt mods atm.