Author Topic: Sega Genesis /Mega Drive Mini  (Read 1214 times)

xelement5x

Sega Genesis /Mega Drive Mini
« on: June 14, 2019, 01:33:33 PM »

We've all heard about it already I think at this point, but here are some of the nuts and bolts:

Sega Genesis Mini will be released Sept. 19 and will cost $79.99. Output is HDMI
The U.S. version will include two three-button controllers, the Japanese version will have 6 button controllers (but you can buy compatible 6 buttons US ones)
It's getting 40 games, plus 2 additional bonus games.
It's designed and engineered by M2, so there are high hopes that it'll finally be a clone with good emulation.

The full list of Sega Genesis Mini games:
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Castlevania: Bloodlines
    Space Harrier 2
    Shining Force
    Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
    ToeJam & Earl
    Comix Zone
    Altered Beast
    Gunstar Heroes
    Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
    World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
    Thunder Force 3
    Super Fantasy Zone
    Shinobi 3
    Streets of Rage 2
    Earthworm Jim
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Contra: Hard Corps
    Landstalker
    Mega Man: The Wily Wars
    Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition
    Ghouls ’n Ghosts
    Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Beyond Oasis
    Golden Axe
    Phantasy Star 4: The End of the Millennium
    Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
    Vectorman
    Wonder Boy in Monster World
    Tetris
    Darius
    Road Rash 2
    Strider
    Virtua Fighter 2
    Alisia Dragoon
    Kid Chameleon
    Monster World 4
    Eternal Champions
    Columns
    Dynamite Headdy
    Light Crusader

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 10:11:46 PM by xelement5x »
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

xelement5x

Re: Sega Genesis /Mega Drive Mini
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 01:35:43 PM »
I'm personally pretty excited about the concept but very reluctant to drop the cash based on previous performance.  Plus the lack of 6 button controllers at the outset for the US version is a bit maddening since they're including something like Street Fighter II.  The game selection looks phenomenal though, and if the HDMI output is faithful I can see it as really worthwhile to have one just for fun hooked up to my modern screens.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:27:37 PM »
SF2 and only 3 buttons is le dumb, but it's still cool.  That's a damn fine set of games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 09:15:56 PM »
I love that Yuzo Koshiro is doing the menu music. They are spot on with the games as well. Always will be one's I want to add if hacked but regardless it's a fantastic set of games from the get go.

KingDrool

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »
I preordered this from Amazon right away. Cool lineup of games, and handled by M2. Good enough for me.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!