Non-NEC Console Related Discussion > Console Chat

XboxOne not so Xbox Fun

(1/3) > >>

DragonmasterDan:
After its many years on the market and with a chain store that sells used item having a 50% off coupon today I finally obtained an XboxOne. I do have a few mostly cheap games, but have found it to be slow to install software and a lot more tedious to use than the 360 that preceded it or the PS4. Dpes anyone have some recommendations for XboxOne exclusives or must haves for the system?

Gredler:
I am not sure if any of these are exclusive since most xbone games are on pc,

Cuphead
Ori and the Blind Forest
Sea of Thieves
Halo

I got one earlier in the year, and I honestly regretted it from the get go. Game Pass is where I spend most of my time on the system, trying games I never purchased but was always curious about.

I will post some more when I am at my console, but yeah it's pretty embarrassing for Microsoft and is significantly less enjoyable to use than PS4 and Switch, imho.

DragonmasterDan:

--- Quote from: Gredler on July 15, 2019, 02:57:58 AM ---I am not sure if any of these are exclusive since most xbone games are on pc,

Cuphead
Ori and the Blind Forest
Sea of Thieves
Halo

I got one earlier in the year, and I honestly regretted it from the get go. Game Pass is where I spend most of my time on the system, trying games I never purchased but was always curious about.

I will post some more when I am at my console, but yeah it's pretty embarrassing for Microsoft and is significantly less enjoyable to use than PS4 and Switch, imho.

--- End quote ---

Cuphead is on switch
I'll pick up Halo 5 eventually when it gets cheap. I picked up another Bungie game, called Destiny for 1.99 at Gamestop. The sequel is 8.99.

I'll look into Ori and Sea of Thieves.

KingDrool:
The XboxOne is a pain in the balls. I also find it tedious and cumbersome, just like you. I bought one about a year after launch, played Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 3, and a little bit of Rare Replay. After that, it sat - mostly untouched, except for the occasional round of Killer Instinct or Cuphead - for a long time.

Until GamePass.

I picked up a GamePass membership for dirt cheap recently; I think it was $15 for 3 months or something. Since then, I've been playing my X1 a lot, mainly to sample games like Blazing Chrome and others.

Also, Ori and the Blind Forest is a fun game that I put a bunch of time into recently. Came free when I bought the console, but I had never played it. Give it a spin. It's also on GamePass

DragonmasterDan:

--- Quote from: KingDrool on July 16, 2019, 02:46:17 PM ---The XboxOne is a pain in the balls. I also find it tedious and cumbersome, just like you. I bought one about a year after launch, played Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 3, and a little bit of Rare Replay. After that, it sat - mostly untouched, except for the occasional round of Killer Instinct or Cuphead - for a long time.

Until GamePass.

I picked up a GamePass membership for dirt cheap recently; I think it was $15 for 3 months or something. Since then, I've been playing my X1 a lot, mainly to sample games like Blazing Chrome and others.

Also, Ori and the Blind Forest is a fun game that I put a bunch of time into recently. Came free when I bought the console, but I had never played it. Give it a spin. It's also on GamePass

--- End quote ---

After both of your recommendations I ordered this https://www.amazon.com/Ori-Blind-Forest-Definitive-Xbox-One/dp/B01EJNUMQ0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ori%2Band%2Bthe%2Bblind%2Bforest&link_code=qs&qid=1563310255&s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-1&th=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version