Author Topic: Game of the Month: September 2019 Galaga 90  (Read 1100 times)

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game of the Month: September 2019 Galaga 90
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2019, 09:07:23 AM »

After playing Nexzr, I went back to Galaga to feel better. Had a decent run...too an easier path since I was not going for a high score. Ended up with 1,022,190, just shooting fast as I can and skipping most of the later bonus stages.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:31:55 AM by majors »
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »

After playing Nexzr, I went back to Galaga to feel better. Had a decent run...too an easier path since I was not going for a high score. Ended up with 1,022,190, just shooting fast as I can and skipping most of the later bonus stages.

Wow! I don't think I've ever gotten close to breaking a million points in Galaga '90.

FYI, your photos aren't showing up for me. I tried opening that link directly and still couldn't see it. :/

geise

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 09:14:19 PM »
Man, I've been slacking this month. I'd like for this to stay open after September since there's a good amount of involvement. I'll still be doing a new October one though. I didn't expect the turn out honestly. Lol. Anyways I might start a score board for this thread.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2019, 09:45:06 AM »
FYI, your photos aren't showing up for me. I tried opening that link directly and still couldn't see it. :/
I just don't know how the internet works :(...I recon google just doesn't want to be used for hosting.

direct link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/GHkq7k3YRHrLkojH7

I'd like for this to stay open after September since there's a good amount of involvement.
Nope. Once the month is over, we have to seal up our Galagas and put them back on the shelf forever, never to be played again. It's quite sad to send all these games to their doom, OP must feel like the executioner at the gallows.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2019, 11:56:07 AM »
I just don't know how the internet works :(...I recon google just doesn't want to be used for hosting.

That worked!

geise

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 08:00:54 PM »

I'd like for this to stay open after September since there's a good amount of involvement.

Never! Ok... well we can move these scores over to the High Score threads section. Time for the new month!
Nope. Once the month is over, we have to seal up our Galagas and put them back on the shelf forever, never to be played again. It's quite sad to send all these games to their doom, OP must feel like the executioner at the gallows.

Mathius

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 08:32:22 PM »
This is one of my earliest hueys, and a fine game to throw in for 20 minutes. Namco arcade games always had a "buzzy" quality to their sound which made the Turbo a natural home for them during this time. I'm very fond of this game.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 11:11:01 PM »
Ah, now I see major's pic.  I thought he meant he'd not warped at all, so I was confused how he got such a high score on the bottom level.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles