Author Topic: Secret Santa 2019  (Read 4652 times)

hoobs

Re: Secret Santa 2019
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2019, 05:14:58 PM »
I think my Secret Santa gift arrived today (can't remember if I have any eBay items coming in)..gonna wait until Christmas to open the box since I don't know if it is wrapped inside the box. Thank you in advance!

Gypsy

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »
I made sure to wrap what I sent in Christmas wrapping so hopefully that should avoid confusion.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2019, 08:45:12 PM »
If it's from the land of corn, it's also festively wrapped inside and safe to open the packaging.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2019, 11:36:38 AM »
My recipient can expect their package to be wrapped up as well!

No opening until AT LEAST OBEYmas eve! 

;)

Gredler

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2019, 12:11:08 PM »
The contents of my box are wrapped as well, happy turbo holidays! :)

Gredler

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2019, 06:18:12 PM »
Happy holidays and merry Christmas everyone! I received my gifts from Santa, and will post pics once i am opening them - thanks santa!!

Gypsy

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2019, 11:52:35 AM »
I got Godzilla, Power Golf and Super Volleyball. I'll enjoy the sports games a lot. Seriously, no joke I will likely put big hours on them. Don't remember if Godzilla was on my list or not. Big oops for me if it was as I don't like this kind of game. If it was on there I must have thought it was something else.  :-[ :-[ :-[

Edit: I don't mean to sound negative, so I hope this comes off right. I'm happy with what I got just trying to confirm I messed up.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 01:25:11 PM by Gypsy »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2019, 10:58:25 AM »

Woot!  I got Princess Minerva and Puyo Puyo!  Thanks, Santa Goose!!!

Gypsy

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2019, 11:52:18 AM »
PUYO! <3 <3 <3

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2019, 10:00:30 AM »
Like every year, my SS truly hit it out of the park!  I asked for something hand made or crafty this year and I was not disappointed in the least!  <3  Was so excited to find this rokken TG poster as well as the PC Engine mug, omg- I'm so damn happy!  *sips hot cocoa*  Not to mention, I need to dust off my cassette deck to listen to this PCE Music mix!!  Thank you so much!

Here are some pics:

As an added bonus, here is what I got in the mail from DragonMasterDan as we did a little gift exchange this year as well!

The big shocker was on Xmas morning when I saw this hanging in our tree!!  I am still trying to figure out how Santa knew exactly what I wished for on Obeymas, but I won't question it too much!  haha  I'm a lucky guy!

roflmao

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »
Like every year, my SS truly hit it out of the park!  I asked for something hand made or crafty this year and I was not disappointed in the least!  <3  Was so excited to find this rokken TG poster as well as the PC Engine mug, omg- I'm so damn happy!  *sips hot cocoa*  Not to mention, I need to dust off my cassette deck to listen to this PCE Music mix!!  Thank you so much!

Dude, so cool!

Gredler

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2019, 04:41:19 AM »
Santa this year, as each prior year, has been too good to me! Too much cool stuff, thank you for the excessive generosity!

This year Santa sounds like he came frome the south pole, where it's hot and full of metal! I immediately knew what types of games would be in the package when I saw the shipping label:

It was packed superbly, and each gift inside was labeled with a funny anecdote.

The first one is a banger!! Wow, I've only ever played this on emulation, having judged this great book by its cover BITD. I have always wanted to take some serious cracks at this, and possibly get some friends to play along. Thanks Santa, what a great start!

Can't have a new set of games to play without a shooter in the mix! The style and setting of this game seems so interesting and unique in it's cute way. I've never played it, and can't wait to check it out!

Santa sent a bonus!! A home brew that I've only heard of and never seen or played, I am super pumped to check out what this is! I need to look into the developers more, this seems like such a professional package! I spent a large chunk of my day fixing my Duo-R in hopes I can play this and some other CD games I've recently gotten.

But the coupe de grace, even before opening it, was this next and final gift - you went over the top getting this one for me Santa - bar down!!

This might come as a surprise, but I fricken love hockey games. TV Sports Hockey is what I grew up knowing as the hockey game, and while it is a fun sim and a great multiplayer experience, when I found out about hit the ice I had second guesses a out what is actually the best TG16 game.. and though I've not popped this in yet, I have a suspicion this might be taking the crown. The style and humor in this manual has flown me for a loop, I absolutely love everything about this presentation!!

Look at these goons! That squirrely ref is quaking in his boots!

Apparently this game invented the airmail charlie, how do you perform this pass?! And check out the skanking goalie!

If you thought he was the most colorful character in this manual you would be wrong, behold this glory

Is Dicky Fontane supposed to be Pat La Fontane's characture?

Or who could forget BenDover?? Classic goaltender right here.

Wow this has been the best Christmas ever! Thanks Santa!!
 :boom: :boom: :boom:  :icon_cat_stoned:

Gypsy

« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2019, 10:49:20 AM »
Ordyne fuck yeah.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2020, 08:04:25 PM »
So, did everyone get their stuff?  Less than half have posted....

hoobs

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2020, 09:56:47 PM »
I used to get the entire week between Christmas and New Year's off at my old job but I started a new job in August and we only get the 2 days off from work so I didn't have a chance to post until now. I was able to narrow down my Secret Santa to 2 participants (might not figure it out until everyone has posted). He was quite generous as I received 3 games and a notepad. Thanks Santa!

Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

Browning and Kattobi! Takuhai-kun

Gravity Rush2 Notepad