Author Topic: New Forum Theme - Nostalgia  (Read 3874 times)

deckard

• Administrator
New Forum Theme - Nostalgia
« on: June 06, 2019, 11:55:20 PM »
I've been working on creating a new theme that some may feel a bit more comfortable with, I called it "Nostalgia" but it's a fork of the HabboLand theme with some modifications.

If you are interested in changing your personal theme settings, when logged in click this link:
https://www.pcenginefans.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;

-Next to the Current Theme it should say Responsive (CoreGrafx), click the Change link to the right.

-At the bottom you will see the Nostalgia theme, the preview image on the right is HabboLand, but you can click the Use or Preview link below to get a better feel of everything.

I'm still working on making some modifications to it in terms of matching colors and the like, but overall it's not been too bad so far.

I welcome any feedback on the theme in this thread, please let us know!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 05:05:59 PM by deckard »

Gredler

Re: New Forum Theme - Nostalgia
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 03:08:07 PM »
link goes to xele's profile page, is that intentional?

deckard

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 05:07:16 PM »
Whoops, good catch!  I've fixed the link so it should go to the logged in user's profile.

Gredler

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 09:18:07 PM »
Thanks! That worked, and I love the nostalgia theme! Sticking to that one, awesome!

:boom:

gex

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 04:47:37 AM »
YessssSSSSSS I was wondering if there was a way to change it back to the classic layout

KingDrool

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 10:03:15 AM »
You should create one called "Apocalypse" where there's a stupid-ass Ys mouse pointer, gaudy "ads" at the top for games you want to associate yourself with, and a forum bot that posts walls of text including phrases like "butthurt" "far left hack", and then bans people at random.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 10:59:16 AM »
Ha!  We can call the bot "Gillian xxxSeed's Metal Gear".

I'm digging Habbo, but the top buttons are getting lost in the banner.  Is there any way to fix that?  Also, is there an easy way to see pending member applications?  The default theme shows them right at the top of the page, but with Habbo I have to hit the admin tab, confirm password, go to members, then click pending members.  Tis no big deal if there IS somebody waiting, but it's a bit of a pain just to see if there's even anyone there.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

deckard

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 12:50:07 PM »
You should create one called "Apocalypse" where there's a stupid-ass Ys mouse pointer, gaudy "ads" at the top for games you want to associate yourself with, and a forum bot that posts walls of text including phrases like "butthurt" "far left hack", and then bans people at random.

LOL, I think I'd need to include some sort of insulting nickname generator as well.

Ha!  We can call the bot "Gillian xxxSeed's Metal Gear".

I'm digging Habbo, but the top buttons are getting lost in the banner.  Is there any way to fix that?  Also, is there an easy way to see pending member applications?  The default theme shows them right at the top of the page, but with Habbo I have to hit the admin tab, confirm password, go to members, then click pending members.  Tis no big deal if there IS somebody waiting, but it's a bit of a pain just to see if there's even anyone there.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out a good way to float those buttons in a background without too much hassle.  I'll try and take a look at the pending member page as well and see if I can copy how the other theme handles it.

deckard

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 12:04:44 AM »
I've reset all accounts to the Habbo/Nostalgia theme at this point.  I think it looks pretty good and will hopefully bring back memories.

The responsive theme I had originally is still there if anyone wants to use it though!

roflmao

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 11:44:47 PM »
I've reset all accounts to the Habbo/Nostalgia theme at this point.  I think it looks pretty good and will hopefully bring back memories.

The responsive theme I had originally is still there if anyone wants to use it though!

It's been awhile since I last logged in and I love the updated look! It's very reminiscent of the old forums. Only it works better, imo. Thanks for all you put into this.