Author Topic: Japanese Sellers To Avoid Reused Photo/YAJ Resale Issue  (Read 1397 times)

Gypsy

Japanese Sellers To Avoid Reused Photo/YAJ Resale Issue
« on: November 01, 2019, 04:38:20 PM »
So I'm in the market for some kind of Duo again as I just can't justify $200+ for some kind of CD unit alone when various Duo units can be had for between $220-300 depending on the make and bundled accessories.

Anyway I don't want to buy from Hitjapan for obvious reasons. I know coolstuffjp is a general piece of crap and reposts YAJ listings before they are even sold. I also think coolstuffjp has some other accounts or has spawned copy cats. I was wondering if anyone here had a list of the shit sellers eBay names so I can avoid them. I am looking directly on YAJ as well.

Mathius

Re: Japanese Sellers To Avoid Reused Photo/YAJ Resale Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 12:14:38 AM »
I've not dealt with Hitjapan in years since I don't shop for classic games on-line anymore (only buying is at MGC and in our inner circle). What's up with Hitjapan these days?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Gypsy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »
I've seen them selling reflashed (or something) f1 circus hucards as "prototypes" of other games. :(

Mathius

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »
I do seem to remember hearing about this now that you mention it. Oh for it to be 2009 again.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Gypsy

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 08:36:24 AM »
Back in the game with what should be a working CD unit. CIB Duo R w/ all oem bits and a couple games off YAJ for $231 after proxy fees and EMS shipping.  O0

Can't wait to play some Gate of Thunder which has been looking lonely on my shelf.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:46:43 AM by Gypsy »

Keith Courage

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 10:55:16 PM »
Did you just want a stock DUO? I have a number of Duos on hand that I refurbish with new caps+CD drive maintenance then sell. If all you want is a stock setup I can do that for the price you mentioned and then you will have a DUO knowing it doesn't still have stock caps inside of it.

Gypsy

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 08:09:23 AM »
Did you just want a stock DUO? I have a number of Duos on hand that I refurbish with new caps+CD drive maintenance then sell. If all you want is a stock setup I can do that for the price you mentioned and then you will have a DUO knowing it doesn't still have stock caps inside of it.

Didn't think to ask you but I'm likely good now. If the YAJ order ends up not working out I'll let you know.

My first choice was actually a CDROM2 or Super CDROM2 but I couldn't find one for a good enough price in comparison.

Keith Courage

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 10:53:15 PM »
I have both of those on hand as well :)