Author Topic: US Turbografx Kiosk + Dedicated Turbo JAMMA cabinet  (Read 694 times)

gex

US Turbografx Kiosk + Dedicated Turbo JAMMA cabinet
« on: September 29, 2020, 05:45:45 PM »
4 month later, 2400+ KM shipping journey to Alberta and a ton of headache. Happy to say both units arrived safe !

Unit on the left is an American TurboGrafx kiosk used in a Toys R Us from an ex employee in San Diego. Different from the CDN kiosk posted by Sparky and I in the past. Someone on NintendoAge posted another US kiosk 10 years ago or so, and luckily enough had side pictures showing big decals mine were missing. So i'll have to go into a printing store and see what they can do to replace the side decals.

The unit on the right is obviously Sadlers old dedicated JAMMA arcade cabinet that i'm gonna get fixed up. I somehow already had the top marquee his was missing/the actual JAMMA hardware itself. So the stars really aligned for this deal to come full circle.

Looking for more unique pieces like this * cough* TurboDuo kiosk. Will give Turbografx/PCEngine games/finders fee for any leads !

I'll keep updates in this thread about the restorations. Happy to share this with the community, love u guys.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 11:42:13 PM by Necromancer »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: US Turbografx Kisok + Dedicated Turbo JAMMA cabinet
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 07:28:07 PM »
Heh, what a pair.  Keep the pics coming!   :mrgreen:

PS - please fix the thread title.    :icon_cat_derpy:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 09:58:59 PM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sadler

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 07:53:29 PM »
4 month later, 2400+ KM shipping journey to Alberta and a ton of headache. Happy to say both units arrived safe !

Unit on the left is an American TurboGrafx kiosk used in a Toys R Us from an ex employee in San Diego. Different from the CDN kiosk posted by Sparky and I in the past. Someone on NintendoAge posted another US kiosk 10 years ago or so, and luckily enough had side pictures showing big decals mine were missing. So i'll have to go into a printing store and see what they can do to replace the side decals.

The unit on the right is obviously Sadlers old dedicated JAMMA arcade cabinet that i'm gonna get fixed up. I somehow already had the top marquee his was missing/the actual JAMMA hardware itself. So the stars really aligned for this deal to come full circle.

I'll keep updates in this thread about the restorations. Happy to share this with the community, love u guys.

Awesome man, I'm glad it found a great new home!  :D

esteban

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 06:28:38 PM »
GODDAMN!

I love both of them.

I played the TG-16 kiosk (left) at ToysRUS in NJ in 1989/1990. Blazing Lasers was definitely one of the games.

However, sometimes the store had a videotape (or LD?) playing on the monitor, instead, IIRC... those were sad times, because my brothers and I wanted to play once the video looped.

GODDAMN! I love both of them.

I never, ever, saw the arcade cab in real life, though. 
  |    | 

gex

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »
GODDAMN!

I love both of them.

I played the TG-16 kiosk (left) at ToysRUS in NJ in 1989/1990. Blazing Lasers was definitely one of the games.

However, sometimes the store had a videotape (or LD?) playing on the monitor, instead, IIRC... those were sad times, because my brothers and I wanted to play once the video looped.

GODDAMN! I love both of them.

I never, ever, saw the arcade cab in real life, though.

Glad you like them man !!

You might remember the kiosk with side graphics, mine sadly had them removed. But I just ordered some new ones I made up in MS paint and printed through Vista print, should be arriving next week

Here's a pic of the sides, with the only other known kiosk below.

As far as the Arcade, it's been in repair now for 45 days. My arcade guy is quite busy I guess. Interestingly enough though, there's been another TG-16 arcade unit found. It's completely gutted with no monitor/control panel, and has a different JAMMA than mine with an identical cabinet as the one pictured in a issue of VideoGames and Computer Entertainment. Will have to make a post sometime and see if anyone else can piece this together, starting to think there was 2 separate kits. One with a dedicated cab, and one with a kit to install onto an existing cab. Also in contact with one of the engineers who initially developed with, so maybe he can help out too.

Exciting times

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: US Turbografx Kiosk + Dedicated Turbo JAMMA cabinet
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 11:43:28 PM »
Since you didn't, I fixed the kiosk.  It was bugging me.  :icon_cat_derpy:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

gex

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 12:06:36 PM »
Since you didn't, I fixed the kiosk.  It was bugging me.  :icon_cat_derpy:

So you're the nice little indian lady who I spoke to over the phone  :lol:

xelement5x

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 04:08:43 PM »
I'm super excited to see what finally comes out of it all.  I hope your arcade guy is taking pictures along the way because I'd love to see like a work-log of it all.

I'm mostly intrigued if the monitor is still actually good.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

esteban

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2020, 12:17:11 PM »
I'm super excited to see what finally comes out of it all.  I hope your arcade guy is taking pictures along the way because I'd love to see like a work-log of it all.

I'm mostly intrigued if the monitor is still actually good.

Yeah, I am hoping that we will have some nice photos documenting this!

GODDAMN.  :)
  |    |