Author Topic: Heya guys! New Guy Alert!  (Read 723 times)

apraxiumRum

Heya guys! New Guy Alert!
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:11:50 PM »
Hi! I am new here. Trying to make a place for myself.
I'll admit, I never knew I'd one day start getting all interested and confused about the PC Engine. I grew with the big names like Sega, NES, SNES. Heck, my first console was a MSX2!!
After a while and watching youtube videos about this fangled thing called "Turbografx" I was like: "Why did we never had those?" and the rest is history.
Mind you, my interests include: Uhm, "Pretend translating"  :^o ... Okay I have interests and some background on modding game text and trying to translate them. I couldn't accomplish or complete a thing.  :deadhorse:
Once tried translating the PC remake of "Dragon Slayer VI: The Legend of Heroes" known as "新英雄伝説" or "New Heroes Legend", it went easy and wasn't that spectacular until my translator apologized for Real life getting to him, and had to him go, I couldn't finish it.
Nevertheless, I still dream of the day where I'll actually manage to deliver a translation of one of my favorite RPG, be it another port of DS6 or, dreaming big, Dragon Slayer VI: The Legend of Heroes 2. (I hope to actually find an in-depth guide to actually play it  :'().
Please accept me here, trying to learn your ways and big tech stuff I never bothered to invest in.
Everything here feels way over my level.

gex

Re: Heya guys! New Guy Alert!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:31:26 PM »
Makes me happy to see new members still registering, welcome friend

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 11:49:04 PM »
Welcome aboard!  I love Legend of Heroes (and all things Falcom), having played through the first one on TG16 several times since the early 90s, through Nayuta on PSP a couple years back, and through LoH2 on PCE and LoH3, 4, and 5 (the Gagharv trilogy) on PSP about a year ago.  I'm looking forward to the Trails in the Sky, Crossbell Arc, and Trails of Cold Steel eventually.

I'd loooove PCE LoH2 translated to English.   :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 12:30:59 AM »
We're still trying to rebuild the community a bit so we're glad to have you here! 

I'm a big Falcom fan myself, something about their games is just normally a great balance of gameplay and story for the most part.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 10:02:18 AM »
I'm a big FalcomPopful Mail fan myself...
Corrected.

JDK band, man...JDK.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Gypsy

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 04:16:22 PM »
I really liked Cold Steel I and II but man the text dumping is real on those.

cabbage

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »
welcome
:bonkthis:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 03:54:33 AM »
I really liked Cold Steel I and II but man the text dumping is real on those.

I bet.  The Gagharvs were pretty text heavy, and I hear they push story even more with later games.  I like story and all, but sometimes enough is enough and I just want to kill some motherfucks!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 03:07:04 PM »
 O0 heyo!  Welcome to the funny farm!

Cool to see new blood hopping into the fire!