Author Topic: Game of the Month: March 2020 - Aero Blasters  (Read 781 times)

geise

Game of the Month: March 2020 - Aero Blasters
« on: March 01, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »
Aero Blasters

Not sure if this game was ever done for GotM. Used to be one of my favorites in the arcade and this is a pretty good port. Hudson did a few of their own things with this game on the Turbo. Level two is kind of it's own thing with different music. I like seeing the differences between this version and the MD/Genesis version. Both are great ports. I love this is two player co-op. Have fun in the anti-gravity level. Lol.

roflmao

Re: Game of the Month: March 2020 - Aero Blasters
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 08:49:43 PM »
This game is so hard! I'll be lucky to get more than a couple levels in. :D

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 11:21:07 AM »
I feel the same as ROFLMAO, Blasters hands me my ass! I still enjoy it tho and look forward to focusing on it this month. I feel it gets overlooked with all the other cool STGs on the Turbo.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Black Tiger

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 02:53:03 PM »
One of my absolute favorite games and my favorite shooter to play.

I have to find time to participate this month. :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:42:46 PM »
I suck at most shewties, and Aero Blasters is no different.  Still, 'tis a cool game.  I look forward to playing again later this month.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »
I've already sat down with this one once this month and remember how bad I am at it. Yeesh.

geise

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 05:44:23 AM »
I can get to the Out of Gravity level on one credit, but I have a hard time with that level. Need to practice more. If people want I can set up a score table in the main post. We can all post scores to show how bad we all are. Lol!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 10:19:17 AM »
Great selection, I personally think this game is more pick up and play friendly than say REALLY hard shooties like Image Fight I&II.

It might just be me being more comfortable with horizontal chooters vs. verts. I've always been more attracted to GoT, Gradius, and Aero Blasters. I was able to get a few stages into this without a ton of effort.  But hey, that's not just like saying I'm better than any of the rest of you guys, it just means I'm MUCH better than the rest of you. ;)

:cook:

geise

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2020, 09:34:20 PM »
I've always loved this game since it initially came to the Arcades. So, I played this game...a lot! I got it on Genesis first. Was on a huge sale. It's a great port on Genesis, but the load times between levels was strange. Then I picked up Aero Blasters after I got my Duo and Toys R Us was about to start putting most of their games on sale. The colors are better of course and I like the pc-engine tunes more. I wish the 2nd level on the Turbo version had the same music as the Arcade though. It was always a good go to co-op shooter for my brother and I to play through.

Josh. I don't think I'll ever put Image Fight in here for that reason. I enjoy Image Fight now since I don't royally suck at it an more. However we don't need everyone breaking their controllers or TV's. It's supposed to be fun. Haha!

gex

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 08:32:18 PM »
One of the very first games I purchased years after we sold my childhood Turbografx. Picked it at a pawnshop for $30, but best of all inside the manual were a list of cheat codes written down on a piece of paper. Never tried them, but they're still tucked away inside the manual. One of the best 1st level openings on the system IMO, epic af

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 09:25:16 AM »
Got some time last week to get some games in. It definitely helps to use the 9 credit cheat, just to see more of the levels. Slowing grinding and memorizing enemy patterns, making progress.

I even fired up the arcade Air Busters on EMU to credit feed it to see the differences in the port. The anti-gravity stages are even more brutal b/c there is no inertia(you never stop unless you back your ship to the edge of the screen). Arcade only has 6 stages, so that gives me hope I'll have a chance to beat the TG/PCE port.

The Genny version seems more faithful to the arcade, but I'm so used to the obey version that the "true" version seems off to me.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"