Author Topic: Noob Audits Are Due ;)  (Read 1515 times)

vestcoat

Noob Audits Are Due ;)
« on: April 08, 2020, 09:05:06 PM »
Hi folks! Nice to see some old faces here. I've been playing Pool of Radiance and TG Mini. But enough about me, how are YOUR quarantines going?

ZEDDYSDEAD

Re: Noob Audits Are Due ;)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 09:30:14 PM »
I am an old face with a new coat of paint but never really posted much back like 15+ years ago. Joined up expecting some great Turbo talk but seems like a dead forum :(. Anyways, no quarantine for me, I am an essential employee baby. That said, I have gone back to my very first Turbo game Keith Courage to kill time in the evenings. I know it isn't the best but I just love the music. So nostalgic. I might splurge on a copy of Final Lap Tein in the near future. Looks like great fun.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 09:34:27 PM »
Vestcoat!  Quarantine in cornland is pretty laid back and mostly voluntary for my work, so I'm still going in until they force me out.

How you liking the mini, and how'd you get one early?  You're just in time for Hatris in Game of the Month!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

vestcoat

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 10:39:37 PM »
Zeddy - yes, important to bust Keith out once in a while. Kinda bummed all of these kids buying Minis aren't going to be hazed in with him (guess Konami  couldn't renew the licensing rights). The Mini should have just one game, Keith Courage, with the other 57 being unlockables once it's beaten.

Hi Necro! Glad you're well. Most of my work dried up already, but my main sound job is still going.
I guess a few rolled off the line before the virus shut production down. Since they didn't have enough to satisfy U.S. preorders, they gave them to Amazon.co.jp as "imports". Browse with Chrome to translate the site to English. Open google translate in another window and cut/paste anything that Chrome doesn't render into it. EMS shipping is super cheap so it's only slightly more than preordering in the U.S. I received mine in 2-3 days. Unbelievable.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:41:11 PM by vestcoat »

ZEDDYSDEAD

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 12:30:35 AM »
I love the unlockable concept. So criminal Keith is missing from the mini. The only thing that could make the experience more authentic for me is to hear my fathers voice asking me why the games for my $40 game console cost $60 each while I am stuck with Keith Courage lol.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 06:30:12 AM »
I love the unlockable concept. So criminal Keith is missing from the mini. The only thing that could make the experience more authentic for me is to hear my fathers voice asking me why the games for my $40 game console cost $60 each while I am stuck with Keith Courage lol.

Legendary Axe is in my opinion the biggest oversight.
--DragonmasterDan

ZEDDYSDEAD

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 12:15:00 PM »

Legendary Axe is in my opinion the biggest oversight.

Is it not missing Dungeon Explorer II and Gate of Thunder? Those may be the greatest sins of all in my eyes. I guess you just can't please everyone though.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2020, 03:40:23 PM »
No Hatris or Götzëndïër either.  Burn it to the GROUND!   :boom:

gex

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 07:41:45 PM »
Darrriiuusssss

vestcoat

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 01:36:38 AM »
Don't worry guys!  =;
I already emailed Konami and told them to make a "Duo Mini" featuring mostly CD games instead of chip games.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 09:24:21 AM »
I'm hoping it gets hacked with some sort of expandable storage so I can fill it with anything I want, aka everything!

ZEDDYSDEAD

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2020, 05:45:00 PM »
No Ys III either, right? Unacceptable. I love that game. Honestly I will not be picking a mini up. To be fair none of the mini consoles released have appealed to me.

xelement5x

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2020, 10:13:49 PM »
No Ys III either, right? Unacceptable. I love that game. Honestly I will not be picking a mini up. To be fair none of the mini consoles released have appealed to me.

I'm normally pretty skeptical on them when they first release, but over time I will pick them up if I find them cheap. 

I have the SNES Classic, PS Classic, and the Genesis Mini; but the only one I've spent much time with was the Genesis mini.  I love my CRT and original setup but man there is something nice about just being able to plug it in with the HDMI and go so my kiddo and I can play stuff.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Sparky

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
Hi folks! Nice to see some old faces here. I've been playing Pool of Radiance and TG Mini. But enough about me, how are YOUR quarantines going?

Vesty!! so good to hear from you, hope your doing well?

Up here in Canada even the moose are wearing masks, my wife and i are working from home so that keeps us busy, in the evenings i am working on my games room again, since we moved i have not had time so
making it now. We also have a new pup. I will post a picture when i get a sec.

Nice to be back on the forums, facebook is loaded with a lot of idiots.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2020, 05:30:52 PM »
Hey yo!!

Quarantine life is FINALLY spending time with my kiddos after another semester at school. Work is keeping me a little more busy than usual too!  But, I'm able to get in some gaming at least once a week with the kids!  Most recently we played some Battle Load Runner and my lil'est lil' got her first victory!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_i59qal4MW/

You have no idea how hard it was to fend off the older kids long enough to save her and then kill myself to give her a few wins!!  bwahahah. 

Actually, she did win a few of those on her own and is getting pretty good!