Author Topic: Super Daisenryaku: Applying English patch?  (Read 1204 times)

Trenton_net

Super Daisenryaku: Applying English patch?
« on: March 18, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »
Hi everyone,

So I was interested in trying to apply an English patch (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/513/) to the game Super Daisenryaku, however no matter what I try, I seem to be unsuccessful.

Because the documentation on how to apply this seems to be rather light, is there a specific way I'm supposed to rip the CD in order to prepare it for patching? Has anyone had success in patching this game before?

It's too bad the patch is distributed via IPS. If I recall, IPS has no target verification before it gets applied? It would be helpful if it would tell you that the target to patch is not correct.

UPDATE: I finally figured it out. I ditched my regular ripping software, booted into windows and used TurboRip instead. However, I should mention that there are multiple versions of this game released. The CD I have produces an ISO around 16MB, while Rev 3 is around 19MB. Don't know if the patch works on other revisions, but I'm glad I finally sorted this out!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 07:56:53 PM by Trenton_net »

Trenton_net

Re: Super Daisenryaku: Applying English patch?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 08:26:25 PM »
Ok, I've seem to have hit another snag! :-) Seems for some reason I can't save my progress with this game. Everytime I go into the menu to select save, it just says "Failed to save data". I'm using a Super SD System 3, so I would assume saving should be no problem? Or maybe this game supports saving only with a specific device that the Super SD System 3 can't emulate?

Trenton_net

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 11:02:13 PM »
Another update: After trying various images, CD-ROM Bios files, etc, I've narrowed it down to the patch itself. When I run the game un-patched on my Super SD System 3, it saves games normally. However, when I run the patched version, it fails to save any data (Or load saved data made from the un-patched version).

So I guess maybe the English patch is causing a save game bug, or in some way not compatible with how the Super SD System 3 handles saves? <Shrugs>

Keith Courage

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 07:54:33 AM »
Must be an issue with the SD system 3. Works fine on real hardware. Maybe try a different CD card bios?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:33:27 AM by Keith Courage »