Author Topic: That movie you just watched  (Read 17205 times)

NightWolve

Re: That movie you just watched
« Reply #615 on: May 19, 2018, 05:36:05 PM »
I gave a chance to The Disaster Artist (2017) with James Franco which was surprisingly good, charming and Ready Player One (2018) which I was excited about but let down... It's worth seeing, it is directed by Steven Spielberg, there are good messages in there, but I was bored at times... I'm sure the kids loved it as it is geared toward a young demographic even with the references only us old farts will recognize.

Warbucks

« Reply #616 on: May 21, 2018, 01:59:47 AM »
I am about half way through Ready Player One.

I agree, my son is enjoying it, and there are some references that are over his head that I got.

schweaty

« Reply #617 on: May 21, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »
Hell or High Water (2016)

Old West meets the modern West. A soulful crime drama about desperate brothers pitted against the system.
Great writing, top performances. And superb cinematography to boot.

Saw that last year as I was looking for Jeff Bridges movies. Decent bank robbery movie which leads me to Den of Thieves (2018), the latest variation of bank robbery plot starring Gerald Butler. I think it ranks pretty high as one of the best in the genre. Almost felt like watching a bit of Sicario (2015) with Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, Emily Blunt...
Um... den of thieves is at 49 on metacritic and 41 on tomato meter.  That's borderline "might pass on Netflix" territory let alone best of the genre

NightWolve

« Reply #618 on: May 21, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
That's fine, my opinion doesn't have to match a website of pro movie critics/fans. What they hate I might really enjoy. Speaking of Rotten Tomatoes, they gave the new Cobra Kai series 100% which I was very happy to see!

schweaty

« Reply #619 on: May 22, 2018, 05:29:12 PM »
Cobra Kai was excellent.  Really hope they bring back Bobby, Tommy, Dutch and even an Allie cameo would be nice

NightWolve

Re: Help Solo out at the box office ? Yay or nay ?
« Reply #620 on: June 01, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »

Does anybody care about the new SW tale, "Solo: A Star Wars Story" ?? Will you "help Solo out" at the box office ?

Word on the street is that relative to Star Wars standards Solo is bombing, BUT, if you alter the standards by judging it as "some heist movie" instead (as some spinmeisters suggest), well, then it's the greatest opening weekend for such a genre... ;)

Personally I just can't get too excited after seeing the last one at theaters (I like Rogue One the most though)... So yeah, I'm not gonna help Solo out myself... I'll happily wait till it hits video. Sorry Solo/Disney, just not feeling it anymore (Star Wars magic), gonna sit this one out, but good luck all the same! :/

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/solo-star-wars-story-manage-break-box-office-record/

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #621 on: June 03, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »

Does anybody care about the new SW tale, "Solo: A Star Wars Story" ?? Will you "help Solo out" at the box office ?

Word on the street is that relative to Star Wars standards Solo is bombing, BUT, if you alter the standards by judging it as "some heist movie" instead (as some spinmeisters suggest), well, then it's the greatest opening weekend for such a genre... ;)

Personally I just can't get too excited after seeing the last one at theaters (I like Rogue One the most though)... So yeah, I'm not gonna help Solo out myself... I'll happily wait till it hits video. Sorry Solo/Disney, just not feeling it anymore (Star Wars magic), gonna sit this one out, but good luck all the same! :/

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/solo-star-wars-story-manage-break-box-office-record/

After the horror that was the Last Jedi this is the kind of movie I might watch on Netflix with friends to sit and make snide comments and make fun of. I wouldn't pay to see this in theatres.
--DragonmasterDan

Flare65

« Reply #622 on: June 04, 2018, 02:17:57 AM »
Saw the movie Upgrade in the theater over the weekend.  Probably best movie I have seen this year.  Lots of violence, action, plot and plenty of plot twist.  Ending was a shocker as well.  I highly recommend it.

NightWolve

« Reply #623 on: June 09, 2018, 02:13:18 PM »
It's coming...

TR0N

« Reply #624 on: June 09, 2018, 06:12:06 PM »
Just saw dead pool 2 just like the original,action with a comedic tone mixed in.This one seems to push it more with the humor and action compared to the last one.Which i'm fine with i was just a little disappointed how short the movie was.Also josh brolin,did well enough playing as a cable being the straight man for the movie.After this i don't know how they can top it.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

IMJ

• Instagram Collection
« Reply #625 on: October 02, 2020, 12:35:57 PM »
Just watched The Devil All The Time with Tom Holland. Didn't think I'd make it through it, but I couldn't turn it off. Crazy, crazy movie full of pretty terrible people....