Author Topic: PC Engine GT - How to get an hadouken friendly gamepad.  (Read 392 times)

pipi

PC Engine GT - How to get an hadouken friendly gamepad.
« on: July 18, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »
Hi all!

My beloved Pc Engine GT is maybe getting old(er).
I play SFII on it and it became harder and harder to pull out moves so I started my fight to fix my pad.

I bought a new board from Turbokon, no change.
I bought those stickers to fix broken remote controllers (membrane conductors restorers), no change.
I fiddled and fiddled and fiddled and two things happened, one is horrible:
1) I understood that a good change in gamepad behavior can be obtained tightening / untightening the controller board screws. I tried a milion settings but still my moves in SFII are very painful to execute.
2) I ruined a bit the little pillars where screws are put in place to hold the PC Engine GT closed. Nothing major but I see they are starting to crack open. I used some epoxy and it is ok-ish but I wanted to ask if anyone has a better method to strenghten them.

Ah, a final question...
Is there a place where I can buy original PC Engine GT screws?

Really thanks, have a lovely weekend and stay safe.

Keith Courage

Re: PC Engine GT - How to get an hadouken friendly gamepad.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 05:32:49 AM »
Huh, I've never had an issue throwing fireballs on the stock express pad.

I'd suggest getting the extra add on for turbokons Controller board that will let you use an external controller. Then you can use any gamepad you want.

pipi

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 06:25:34 PM »
Hi there!

I bought one of those too but I am quite sure it must be a silly problem and I'd like to fix it.

I have the original controller board + the one from turbo kon and they both act the same...
I cannot understand what am I doing wrong / missing so that I can fix it.

pipi

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 12:08:07 PM »
News!

I just tuned up the screws for the control pad and now it works WAY better.

About the damage to the screws holders I 3d printed some "rings", I couldn't think about a better solution so I guess that is OK for now:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/T7T4gD39Aq3oiNBGA

Since I was there I also routed a composite out via the ex communication port and added a pad 1 port in place of the TV in...
Nice! :D