Author Topic: Ripped off a negative pad. Can I connect to any other negative pad?  (Read 431 times)

Peppermintgreen

Hey all. I'm trying to repair my Turbografx express which went in the cupboard fine a year ago, and just came out with no video and tiny sound! Using the guides on this forum (thanks!) I've successfully fixed my video issue. Then I moved onto sound and sadly ripped the negative trace off the board for the cc103 connector. Fortunately it is the negative not the positive so the question is, can I just connect the negative to any other negative on the board? Thanks for reading! Rik.

Peppermintgreen

Re: Ripped off a negative pad. Can I connect to any other negative pad?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:50:48 AM »
Ignore! All is well! I really couldn't see where the negative pad went off to, hence the question about "Can I put it anywhere" BUT when I looked really closely, it seemed to go to a thru hold right by the corner of the audio jack. (Top thru hole in a line of 3) So I popped a dab of solder to the other side and voila! I have audio, and video, and the stench of fish in my nose! Huzzah!

xelement5x

Re: Ripped off a negative pad. Can I connect to any other negative pad?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 05:58:46 PM »
Nice, having just done a recap on one myself it's definitely not a trivial task.  I feel lucky that I've made it through with minor issues.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story