Author Topic: Chris Covell has ANOTHER PCE demo out!  (Read 691 times)

Black Tiger

Chris Covell has ANOTHER PCE demo out!
« on: May 30, 2006, 02:02:57 PM »
Split-Resolution Demo-

http://disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/creations.html

This guys an animal when it comes to PCE programming.  :shock:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

grahf

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »
Pretty cool demos, first time ive seen them.

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »
I downloaded and saw it the other day, amazing stuff once again.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
wow!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:25:41 AM »
dude, that gunstar title screen nearly made me wet myself.

Major props to you mr. covell!!

TurboSage

Dark Fact

Re: Chris Covell has ANOTHER PCE demo out!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 06:29:32 AM »
I wonder if Covell is interested on working on this site with Aaron and co.? Because from what I've seen of that guy's site, he sure knows his bitmaps!  :shock:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

GUTS

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 06:50:24 AM »
Damn that high resolution looks really nice especially when its right next to the lower res, I wonder why no games used it?

Joe Redifer

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »
I wish this guy would release his demos as CD ISO's or something so we could actually watch them on real hardware with minimal effort.  Seeing emulators run demos does not impress me.  I want to see my own personal system do these things!

Keranu

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 11:57:24 AM »
I wish this guy would release his demos as CD ISO's or something so we could actually watch them on real hardware with minimal effort.  Seeing emulators run demos does not impress me.  I want to see my own personal system do these things!
I agree, but I don't mind running them on emulators. I would get one of those flash cards if they weren't so expensive.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 07:19:20 AM »
Damn that high resolution looks really nice especially when its right next to the lower res, I wonder why no games used it?

I would think it has something to do with the memory that larger images take up, and the systems bandwidth/storage limits.

BTW, where is the best/only place to get a flash card for PCE? I lost my links.

Black Tiger

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 09:05:21 AM »

I would think it has something to do with the memory that larger images take up, and the systems bandwidth/storage limits.

BTW, where is the best/only place to get a flash card for PCE? I lost my links.

I bought mine from Tototek and it works great. But like my GBA flash cart, I can only get the drivers to work on certain computers.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:16:12 PM »
OK, so you have "PCE-PRO 32M Flash card for PC Engine Console" then? So I guess its not just drag and drop, and OSX compatibility is probably out of the question. So its cool then? Do any games not work?

malducci

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 01:39:34 PM »
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3222.msg25183 This is the other PCE flash cart. From what I can tell it uses only usb unlike the tototek card. It might have OS-X support - the software source is avaible so someone might have compiled a mac version.

I have the tototek card. Weird thing is some US roms are actually bit converted to JP configuration(inverted bit pattern), which can cause problems if you don't know this. Two Bonks Adventure roms I have were like this - they even have the US detection code removed. I could run them on my SGX without checking the US option. Also with the tototek cards, roms smaller than 2 megs may not loaded correctly - mostly small demos. You can use this utility (http://pcedev.net/utils/pce_resize.zip ) to pad/resize the rom (not zip files) to 2megabits(256k) size.