Author Topic: Hero Quest!  (Read 174 times)

Naniyue

Hero Quest!
« on: January 11, 2024, 02:24:49 AM »
I've owned the first North American release since back in the day. I foolishly did not buy the add-ons, even when I found one cheap back then. I only had my sister and a cousin to play with, so eventually my copy got shelved, but lovingly kept.

To my surprise, while searching for miniatures and such on Amazon, Hero Quest popped up! And not the old edition, but a NEW one! I was excited, especially after learning there was an Android application that FINALLY made the game playable solo! And then I found a Windows based program at Ye Olde Inn.  So that's TWO now!

At first, I didn't buy the main game, just the expansions, but then decided to get everything I reasonably could.

If you liked the old one, try the new one!  It's mostly the same game, albeit with re-imagined pieces and such, but very well done!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Hero Quest!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 02:12:14 PM »
That's super cool! I had friends that were into Hero Quest, but I NEVER owned it myself.  I did wind up getting Dragon Strike by TSR way later on. It had a VCR tape along with it with a hilarious short film about the game. I did see that Hero Quest has been re-released so that's super cool!!  Is it pretty similar to the original?

Naniyue

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 08:38:33 PM »
Practically the same, but with both old and new expansions!

seieienbu

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 04:16:41 PM »
Seriously, Hero Quest was cool.  My friends and I played it a ton in junior high.  We beat the main game, beat the Elf's expansion, and got to the last stage in the Frozen Horror's expansion.  We tried repeatedly but we were never able to win.

A few years later I used to play Neverwinter Nights a bunch.  I was looking at people's uploaded content for the game and I found a really cool version of Hero Quest ported to the NWN engine.  I downloaded it but didn't play it too much.  Still, it was super cool that it existed at all.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Naniyue

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 01:05:04 AM »
They've just re-released "Against the Ogre Horde".  Mine is due by mail soon! :)

Seriously, go to Amazon and order everything, get the free Android app as well as the old HQGM program in order to play solo or as a group with the computer as (mostly) the GM!

https://www.yeoldeinn.com/