NEC TG-16/TE/TurboDuo > TG/PCE Repair/Mod Discussion

PC Engine GT - Controller Board

(1/13) > >>

tawy:
Hello,

--- Quote ---I am new with this piece of hardware and i just bought a GT, the controller board have been corroded by a leaked capacitor (the carbon traces of the turbo switches have been literrally eaten by the liquid).
I have repaired the board, it is now fully fonctionnal but I want some information...

I am working on a clone and i found this forum where turbokon have done one.
I am near the end of my final product, I want to do like him, make it work without the BU5782K.
I want to make front side of the PCB look like the original PCB, big ground plane, VCC with big traces, vias in replacement of the carbon bridges and the back with the 2 chips needed if no BU5782K installed and a removable connector, not needed but cleaner.
--- End quote ---

3 versions of the boards are available.

1- plug and play (no comlink and auto screen shutdown) 25?

2- like the first one, but with external controller mod 35?

3- blank 10?

thank you ;)

tawy:
board updated, only jack and speaker connector are missing.
every component are now populated, i will find the pinout by myself if nobody answers, i have to open my pcegt to continuity check...

:bonkthis:

MasterofBiscuits:
Very cool! Nice to have an option when the controller board is damaged.

I don't have the pinout unfortunately, there is so little technical info out there for this console.

tawy:
board finished.
i've added a little cool stuff on the back of the PCB, an RGB Breakout connector, for those who want to LCD/RGB mod the PCEGT. i can add a RGB amp with a THS7314 too... all that unused space give me ideas...

@MasterofBiscuits, thank you, i will find the pinout...
i need to print this board, check if everything fit on my pcegt and go for panelization. another version of the board will come after. the one with 74hc163 and 74hc157 and comlink disabled.
i also have to find some design to put on the PCB :D the hudson bee needs to be somewhere...

Necromancer:
Heh, that's pretty cool.  I'm a real dummy when it comes to technical stuff, but I sure do appreciate the Bonk outline and GT logo on the pcb.   :pcgs:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version