Author Topic: Revived Turbografx 16 Dedicated JAMMA Arcade unit  (Read 432 times)

gex

Revived Turbografx 16 Dedicated JAMMA Arcade unit
« on: June 18, 2021, 12:07:52 AM »
10 months later working with my local repair wizard, and bam! she's finally done. Original monitor was sadly burnt out, so we had to grab one from a different cab. Temporarily swapped the original joystick out for a better one that moves 900x smoother, that's why it's black instead of orange.

Originally obtained this missing the top marquee, but by a miracle found one on eBay a few months later which fit perfectly. Looks like the last owner cut off a few inches of the width, but no complaints here. Just happy to have all the important parts original.

Huge shoutout to Sadler and Xelement for helping me get this. Very glad we still have a solid community.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Revived Turbografx 16 Dedicated JAMMA Arcade unit
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 02:10:08 AM »
That's pretty sexy.  What's the yellow placard thingy on the control panel say?  I presume instructions for whatever game was installed at the time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sadler

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
Super cool to see it up and running! Can you take some pics of the inside with the JAMMA'd PC Engine hooked up?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 07:07:07 PM by Sadler »

Gredler

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 01:12:43 PM »
Gex continues to show he has the coolest Turbob stuff. Love that orange and yellow classic US turbo look and what a unique item to resurrect. Glorious sir, bravo  :bonkthis:

:boom: :boom: :boom:

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 10:58:41 AM »
This is so cool Gex!  Was the original monitor still salvageable?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

roflmao

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 11:16:55 PM »
That is so cool! Congrats!

gex

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2021, 12:13:39 AM »
Thanks guys, was a ton of work getting it to this point but very happy with the end result.

Super cool to see it up and running! Can you take some pics of the inside with the JAMMA'd PC Engine hooked up?

Will definitely do so man, don't understand 99% of what he even did. So I'd be interested in getting some experienced eyes on it.

This is so cool Gex!  Was the original monitor still salvageable?

Nah, it was burnt out apparently