Author Topic: SOL CRESTA : New STG made by Platinum Games  (Read 536 times)

xelement5x

SOL CRESTA : New STG made by Platinum Games
« on: August 05, 2021, 11:54:18 AM »
So Platinum Games is making a new STG/shmup which is supposed to a sequel to Moon/Terra Cresta, has some interesting docking mechanics AND music by Yuzo Koshiro. 
Pretty nice!

News release:
https://blog.playstation.com/2021/08/05/sol-cresta-revealed-platinumgames-36-years-in-the-making-space-shooter-sequel/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5BsIw9fV3E
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gredler

Re: SOL CRESTA : New STG made by Platinum Games
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 01:42:16 PM »
 :boom:

Looks great, thanks for sharing! Curious how this one turns out, and if more "big" developers will dedicate teams to making projects like this. It seems like they could crank this out in 6 months with a skeleton crew and still ship a quality product.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 08:53:31 PM »
Neato, I like old games getting looked at again.  Maybe they'll sneak in a rom/emu of the originals, kinda like Dracula X on PSP.

It's just too bad there's no PC-FX version.   :pcgs:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:21 PM »
EDIT: Ha! I forgot to mention that I love Terra Cresta II for PCE. I always mention that it is sweet because you can pump up your ship's speed and do crazy stuff. I wonder how SOL CRESTA is... I'm gonna have to find more games on modern consoles that are (hopefully) not BULLET HELL because the video suggests that SOL CRESTA didn't stray too far from what I like. 

EDIT: Ha! I can get this on Switch.

IGNORE:
I do not have PS4. The most modern PlayStation I have is PS2. DAMMIT.

I told my kids I was going to find the old DDR Mat for PS2 so we can play some DDR. They've never seen the PS2, believe it or not (they are 11).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 01:26:46 AM by esteban »
  |    |