Author Topic: Game of the Month: March 2022 - Dragon's Curse  (Read 735 times)

geise

Game of the Month: March 2022 - Dragon's Curse
« on: March 01, 2022, 09:13:42 PM »
Dragon's Curse

Wanted a game this month that had platforming as well as a little bit of action and rpg elements. This fits the bill nicely. I also wanted to give this a go for a while now since it's been a good deal since I've done a full playthrough. Hopefully this gets me motivated to actually finish this one again. It's a good game, but I sometimes tend so stop at a certain point an not pick it back up. That or i accidentally get rid of it off my Duo backup (oops). Have fun!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game of the Month: March 2022 - Dragon's Curse
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 10:14:27 AM »
I've only played and beat the SMS version and that was a l_o_n_g time ago. This looks like a fun one this month! and no moon runes to confuse me.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 01:47:47 AM »
Another fun one!  It's been quite a while since I've played through this one, so it'll be good to revisit this month.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 12:17:44 PM »
I'm having a fun time with this months pick!

geise

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 07:46:29 PM »
That's awesome! Was mostly playing Mario 3D world with the kiddo today, but got some decent play time in as well with Dragon's Curse this weekend. I am in the Forest.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 12:29:18 PM »
Last day!

I did manage to get to the last castle...but I thought having the heaven/hell armor and shield combo pretty made you invincible (but maybe that was the SMS version). Sadly, I couldn't get back to it last week since work got in the way. Tho two of my three shows in April canceled/postponed so I should have ample free time next month for whatever Geise throws at us! (plus playing games at home saves me the money I will not be getting from the two previously mentioned events)

Sidenote: I did kinda miss the underwater dungeon the first time going through the game...I'm so stuck in my ways I didn't look up to find a door :)

geise

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 01:09:46 PM »
Cool you're near the end. Sorry to hear about the cons in April being canceled. This next gotm is going to be something easy that doesn't require hours of play time. I'll be super busy and also out of town for a week on vacation.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 08:51:51 PM »
I finally finished up today.  I'd been struggling at the final boss, so I put this on the back burner; when I tried it again today, however, I whupped that dragon ass and didn't use a single heal potion.  I think I was just being too aggressive earlier, and you're better off letting him come to you for the stabbenings.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles