Author Topic: Jim Power: Parallax Scrolling Fix?  (Read 369 times)

Trenton_net

Jim Power: Parallax Scrolling Fix?
« on: September 05, 2022, 01:05:51 AM »
Hey everyone,

Maybe this is a dumb question, but has anyone released a patch/fix for Jim Power which has strange parallax scrolling behaviour? I know something was released for the SNES, but I was unsure if anyone attempted something similar for the PC Engine. Perhaps maybe there is a cheat code or something that could fix the problem?

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Jim Power: Parallax Scrolling Fix?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 11:02:29 AM »
I do think it's initially kind of disorientating, but honestly it makes the game stand out a bit from standard affairs.

I like the scrolling craziness!   O0

Keith Courage

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 04:57:07 PM »
Yeah, I 2nd liking the scrolling on the PCE version of Jim Power. It's way less disorienting compared to the SNES and Genesis versions while still looking good. 

Now if someone could turn off the background scrolling for Ninja Gaiden then I'd definitely be for that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 01:49:10 AM by Keith Courage »

esteban

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 10:18:52 PM »
JUST TO BUILD on this conversation:

I didn't know there was a patch for the SNES version. I bought SNES Jim Power with the 3D glasses (as a goof, years ago)... but the effect didn't seem particularly compelling to me.

For comparison, I thought the same glasses were used better with Rad Racer on NES (and the handful of other NES games with a "3D" mode). Hey, I'm easily amused.

BACK ON TOPIC: I'm not saying that a 2D side scrolling game can't have neat 3D effects... but... Jim Power...

ALSO: Now I want to see if 3D glasses + PCE Jim Power will have some unintended goofiness...
  |    |