Author Topic: Game of the Month: May 2022 - Mystic Formula  (Read 459 times)

geise

Game of the Month: May 2022 - Mystic Formula
« on: May 06, 2022, 02:43:48 PM »
MYSTIC FORMULA

Here is a game I have yet to own or play. I've known about it since forever. Never pulled the trigger and bought it bitd. Looked it up again on youtube and it seems to be some decent fun. Gameplay seems similar to Last/Red Alert or Mercs. It's a kind of game I've been in the mood to play on the Duo. Sorry this one is late, but at least it's a quick pick up and play game. I'm sure most will have to burn this title, since I don't know of many who talk about it or own it. Would be nice to hear your guys thoughts on the game. Sorry roflmao. I know it's a CD game again. I'll make sure to do a HuCard game next month if you still have issues with your CD based system.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 02:51:34 PM by geise »

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game of the Month: May 2022 - Mystic Formula
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 12:38:46 PM »
I always thought this title was a racing game or jRPG and passed it up. About two years ago, I was alerted to the fact it was more of a top-view action game and I've been wanting to try it out. Now, thanks to Geise and GotM, I have no reason not to fire it up and give it a whirl.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Hedonism Bot 2.0

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 06:44:29 PM »
Looks interesting, I'll give it a go.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 07:11:10 PM »
Shit yeah!  I burnt and played this around Xmas time, though I didn't get very far before moving on.  I'll have to give it another go.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 10:20:52 AM »
Slapped it on easy just to roll through it and see all the stages. I def prefer Stear (dark haired female character) with her spread shot. Plus, her walking animation with her holding her knife out is fun. I will try more on the harder difficulties for a challenge since I do enjoy the game.

Too bad it's a $100+ game, I feel that's too much...I can see why PCE Works made a repro for it.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"