Author Topic: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted  (Read 9656 times)

pixeljunkie

Re: The Legend of Xanadu Dub Project - Auditions Wanted
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2018, 07:23:00 AM »
Yes, thanks for the update/hope

Very excited about this!

tobasoft

« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2018, 07:57:42 AM »
I'd love to be one of the dub voices for this.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2018, 04:06:10 PM »
The dubs are already taken care of.  Tryouts were maybe some 10 months ago, & there ended up being some professional voice actor's who are going to lend a hand for free!  I wanted to be in the game as well, but it's also really cool that there's professionals involved, bitter sweet if you ask me! :icon_cat_derpy:

Mathius

« Reply #183 on: March 20, 2018, 05:46:46 PM »
The dubs are already taken care of.  Tryouts were maybe some 10 months ago, & there ended up being some professional voice actor's who are going to lend a hand for free!  I wanted to be in the game as well, but it's also really cool that there's professionals involved, bitter sweet if you ask me! :icon_cat_derpy:
Yes that is very exciting! I'd definitely rather it be more Ys Book 1&2 than Dragon Slayer: LOH haha
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

tobasoft

« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2018, 09:01:53 AM »
I kinda dug dragonslayers cheesy dialogue.  :cry:

soooo that sounds rather promising, coming soon then??

I'm like a little kid with these two, I've been wanting english versions since I had a turbo back in the 90's

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »
Believe me, we all are like kids in a candy store wanting these games in english, but we gotta wait, no matter how many decade....err years it takes!   :icon_cat_derpy:  Seriously though, I have faith in this project, it'll be incredible when it's totally done!  A lot of blood, sweat, & tears is being put into it.

tobasoft

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2018, 09:13:07 AM »
by the way, I just wanted to offer my services to any translating group that would like a spanish translation. I'm a native speaker and a translation project is just the kind of thing that would help keep my skills sharp.

dejan07

« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2018, 01:26:57 AM »
As you guys are waiting for Xanadu series Tom and his team have finished english translation of Last Bible III a Super Famicom RPG by Atlus.  Give it a chance!

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3545/

thunderjos

« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2022, 08:41:24 AM »
Hello everyone,

I've been looking for information on this project, but haven't been able to find any news after 2019.

For me, this is actually the most interesting classic rpg related project since Ys IV, and I've followed it from its start, many years ago. So it saddens me to think the possibility it may never get released...  :(

Does anyone know how it ended, or if work is still being done on it?

Many thanks!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:43:18 AM by thunderjos »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2022, 09:34:48 PM »
It's been a couple years since I've heard anything new, but I still have hopes that'll it'll be released some day.  I don't know if the dubs were recorded or not, but at the least they needed to be implemented and some cinema timing stuff adjusted accordingly. 
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

thunderjos

« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2022, 02:08:01 PM »
It's been a couple years since I've heard anything new, but I still have hopes that'll it'll be released some day.  I don't know if the dubs were recorded or not, but at the least they needed to be implemented and some cinema timing stuff adjusted accordingly.

Thanks for the info.

It would be great to also know the actual status by one of the project members, since it is a more complex one than usual, with all that cutscenes lip sync and dub stuff.

I still have hopes too, but even more eager after these years  :pray:

Its hard to have both games on the shelf untouched for so long time, because they are in perfect japanese… And knowing there’s an english translation already completed, but still not available  :cry:

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2022, 01:47:04 PM »
As you guys are waiting for Xanadu series Tom and his team have finished english translation of Last Bible III a Super Famicom RPG by Atlus.  Give it a chance!

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/3545/

Thank you for this!  I've never heard of Last Bible III but I'll give it a go!  So many 'thank yous' are owed to all of the awesome translators of the 16-bit era! <3  You guys rock!  Thank you!!