Author Topic: Core Grafx 1 or 2 and... Which is a honest price?  (Read 496 times)

pipi

Core Grafx 1 or 2 and... Which is a honest price?
« on: March 21, 2022, 11:55:02 AM »
Hi all,

I am more and more core grafx curious and I wanted to ask which model should I hunt for and what is the price for a decent boxed unit (does not have to be perfect but I'd love to have... "A full package").

Thanks for your help :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Core Grafx 1 or 2 and... Which is a honest price?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 03:30:14 AM »
I've no clue what they're worth nowadays (besides too damn much), but the CG1 (blue/grey) has the fixed sound chip and the CG2 (orange/grey) does not.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Core Grafx 1 or 2 and... Which is a honest price?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 09:44:57 AM »
I'm also hunting down a Core II but I have a price in mind for just a loosey goosey unit(I happen to have a Core II pad already). You can look at sold listings on the auction sites, but I agree with Necro that "they are too damn much". I think the SSD3 really raised the value of them. If you looking for a box, then you're gonna be bidding against serious collectors with deep pockets, sadly.

Back in 2016 I got a Core 1 with a pad for 1300yen...but then after fees and shipping, I'm sure I ended up around spending $40-50. Best bet is to look for a lot with extra stuff (pads, games, etc) that you can sell off to recoup some $.

As for the op initial question of "what is the price"...it's up to what your willing to shell out. Personally I value loose cores+pad around $30 (before shipping) and I have no interest in any cardboard, so no thoughts there. Because I'm so cheap is why I haven't won a auction for a Core II yet :)
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"