Author Topic: Game of the Month: June 2022 - Time Cruise  (Read 563 times)

geise

Game of the Month: June 2022 - Time Cruise
« on: June 07, 2022, 08:33:06 PM »
TIME CRUISE

So....suuuuuuuuuuuper late on this one. Apologies. Since we're fairly into the month I'll do a quick pick up and play game. I've also been in a pinball mood. This game is a damn good pinball game. I personally prefer the Crush/Crash series, but there's a lot of things I like about Time Cruise. It's bonus levels for instance and the manual (lol). If you own the game you'll understand that. Anyways, I'm sorry for this being so late. No excuses except that I suck. Have fun all!

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Game of the Month: June 2022 - Time Cruise
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 10:19:36 PM »
I haven't played Cruise since the 90's when I picked it up. I must not have appreciated that much since I traded it out pretty quick. I'm down to revisit it and give it another go.

I wonder if this month's choice has anything to do with the new Top Gun movie?
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 09:35:41 AM »

Played a few rounds a couple of days ago. I'd say the 3rd best pinball game for Turbo :)

It seems to me Face was just in love with Naxat so they made their own take on the silver ball. Instead of going devilish or Giger, they went sci-fi <?> with this goofy time travel theme. Does anyone else see the resemblance with the bumpers in TC and Alien Crush? 
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 10:00:55 PM »
In love me some Time Cruise!  It's my favorite of the three turbob pinballers.  I appreciate the variety of "distinctions" and the fun non-pinball bonus rounds - prehistoric golf, baby!

Majors: they're very similar.  Maybe the bumpers got caught in a time warp!   :icon_cat_derpy:

So far, my best score is 24,033,600.  Boo-urns to face for not making it save the score table.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 03:08:25 AM »
 I just had my best game ever, ending at 92,192,600.  Outside of cheating to start at 90 million, I've never been so close to the end before.  I think if I could get better at the bonus points tables, maybe I could actually beat it; far too many times, I'd walk away with a piddly ass few thousand, especially on the fishy table.

geise

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 10:06:37 PM »
Well I got an ok amount of time with this game but the best I could do was a little over 23 mil. I still will be playing even if the month has passed.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 10:31:24 PM »
I've yet to surpass that 92m score, but maybe one day.  Of the several other attempts this month, the best I did was maybe half that.

Still, that's about double goose's weak ass score.   :cook: