NEC TG-16/TE/TurboDuo > TG/PCE Repair/Mod Discussion

Pc engine duo doesnt power on

(1/4) > >>

mouth78:
Hi everyone.

I bought a pc engine duo, the owner told me It worked, but It sounded low and then owner decided to do a recap. Owner desoldered all caps but never soldered new ones. He had a caps new kit and he gave me with console.
When I recibed the duo i disassembled it and i saw the board was clean but several pads, potentiometer sound and  switch cd tray was disappeared. I found alternative pads, and soldered new caps and the potentiometer.
My problem is duo doesn't power on ...

I have fusible OK, Diode OK and the two regulators of tension send 5v. What is the next have i check?
I really like revive this console, I think is a nice model.
Any help is welcome.
(Sorry my bad English)

mouth78:
Some advice?😢

Keith Courage:
Are you sure there's no power? Remember there's no power light on a duo. the light only turns on when you hit run to start up a CD game.

the vast majority of the time when someone sends me a Duo that says it has no power, it turns out to be a defective AV cable.

mouth78:
Yes, I know...,,😢 That's not the problem...
I don't know what I must to do...any idea?
I proved all capacitors are in correct position. I have a short in C315, but I remove it and the short continues...I am not sure if is normal...

Keith Courage:
so is it just a black screen when you go to turn on the system or is it a solid white screen or something along those lines?

Have you checked if the fuse is good?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version