Author Topic: Analogue Duo  (Read 1261 times)

roflmao

Re: Analogue Duo
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2023, 08:08:42 PM »

I waited until the first wave hit people's homes- and then went to pre-order it. Hopefully the next wave of shipments comes soon!

Awesome! Last I heard the second wave will ship in February. Maybe they'll ship sooner, though!

Androsynth

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2024, 01:25:33 PM »
My (amazing) partner surprised me by somehow getting ahold of one of these for Christmas for me this year. I freaked out a bit, not gonna lie.

The system is really, really nice. You can wirelessly sync most of the 8bitdo controllers with it *without* the USB dongles by flashing new firmware, and it natively supports bluetooth controllers. I'm using mine with a pair of 8bitdo Neo Geo controllers (that clicky dpad stick is a thing of beauty), and it just plays wonderfully. No lag at all.  It looks glorious on an HDMI tv too, just beautiful. No more constantly soldering shit to keep the rickety old duo functioning.

Still waiting on Hucard save states,  but other than that, this thing just takes all the compatibility issues between TG16/PCE and tosses them out the window and makes it so you just plug stuff in and play. The audio enhancements make the game audio sound freaking amazing too. I popped Gate of Thunder in and it was so impressive people were like "that's your old turbografx game? Wow."

This thing has completely change how I play my collection. 

roflmao

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2024, 10:21:05 PM »
It'll probably be fixed in the next firmware update, but some folks have figured out a swap trick to get the older Everdrives running on the Duo. I tested it out with my V1.2 this evening and enjoyed some Santatlantean!  :pcgs:

For those with the new Duo and an older Everdrive, here's how it's done.

1. Load up any HuCARD. All you need to do is be on the main title screen of a game.
2. Bring up Analogue's menu and quit the game.
3. Go to the Library and select the game you were just playing so it shows the details page for that game.
4. While on this screen, remove the HuCARD from the Duo and plug in your Everdrive.
5. From the game details page, start the game you were last playing.

It will now load into the Everdrive instead.

Using this method, I wasn't able to boot up Supergafx games that were on my Everdrive. Maybe I'd need a SGX game first to boot into for the Duo to load SGX games.

Anyway, this opens things up for folks who don't have a large library of HuCARDs.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2024, 08:40:06 PM »
Why doesn't the TED work anyway?  Don't police my pirate ways!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

roflmao

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2024, 09:06:32 PM »
Why doesn't the TED work anyway?  Don't police my pirate ways!

I know, right? It sounds like all Everdrives worked with the beta and version 1.0 of the firmware, but with the 1.1 firmware, only the V2.5 Everdrive Pro works? What's up with that?

roflmao

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2024, 09:31:47 PM »

Using this method, I wasn't able to boot up Supergafx games that were on my Everdrive. Maybe I'd need a SGX game first to boot into for the Duo to load SGX games.

I figured out that if you change the Supergrafx mode from "auto-detect" to "on" the swap trick works for Supergrafx games. Woot!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2024, 02:39:35 PM »
PC-FX support. That's what would be seriously cool!!

roflmao

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2024, 05:03:57 PM »
PC-FX support. That's what would be seriously cool!!

No kidding! Why didn't they just do a truly all-in-one obey console? Ah, well.

gex

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2024, 11:17:10 AM »
Thing sucks. Played Rondo a few weeks ago, kept glitching out. Controller very small too, feels like your fingers are jammed together compared to an original PCE. Most everdrives don't work on it, and there's rumours it scratches discs ?

The ability to have save states is awesome though.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2024, 11:51:42 AM »
Controller very small too, feels like your fingers are jammed together compared to an original PCE.
Confused? are you using original controllers? I'm assume you mean the wireless pads from 8bitDo.

As for save states, I wish they worked for Strife Sisters!
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

roflmao

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2024, 03:56:30 PM »
Thing sucks. Played Rondo a few weeks ago, kept glitching out. Controller very small too, feels like your fingers are jammed together compared to an original PCE. Most everdrives don't work on it, and there's rumours it scratches discs ?

The ability to have save states is awesome though.

I haven't played much Rondo on it, but haven't noticed any glitching on it or any other CD-based game. There's a swap-trick that gets Everdrives working (at least it works for my V1.2 ED) until Analogue updates the firmware. Save States don't work yet, as far as I know, but will be cool when they are implemented. I haven't noticed any disc scratching shenanigans from my Duo, and I've played a fair amount of discs.

The release has been disappointing, for sure, but firmware updates should resolve 99% of most people issues.