NEC PC-Engine/SuperGrafx > PC Engine/SuperGrafx Discussion

My vote for best anime/manga based PCE game is . . .

(1/2) > >>

Naniyue:
Wataru/Keith Courage is a disappointment.
I love the Macross games! One is a shooter, the other a tactical RPG from the makers of Langlisser!
I haven't played all of the digital comics yet, but the Ranma 1/2 and second Devil Hunter Youko ones were fun, and Sailor Moon was okay.  I haven't played Yuu Yuu Hakushou, either.
Cyber City OEDO is kinda boring, but the anime was good.  I liked the first Lodoss game, even if its system wasn't perfect.  3x3 Eyes was pretty good, and way better than the PC98 version.

Ultimately though, it would have to be . . . Yamato!

The cut scenes, the game play, the tension.   It really feels like you are a part of the anime!  Play through highlights of the original series!  If you are a Starblazers fan, you won't even need to know Japanese, except for the cardinal directions near the end.

Necromancer:
I've played a couple of those mentioned (Keith, Sailor Moon, and 3x3 Eyes), as well as the Yawara pair, Lum, Tenchi Muyo, and the Yunas.  They were all good fun but nothing that'll land on anyone's top 10 list.

My favorites would have to be Cosmic Fantasy, Ys, and Castlevania, but they're backwards - anime made from games.   :pcgs:

Naniyue:
Cosmic Fantasy is my favorite 16-bit JRPG series.  The character designs can look silly one moment, and then dead serious the next.  I did watch the anime a couple years ago.  It was OK.

Necromancer:
Did you watch it with superdeadite's translation?  That's a big part of why I enjoyed watching it.   :lol:

Naniyue:
I don't remember, but it was a decent watch, regardless.

If you enjoyed 3x3 Eyes, the Yunas, and all that, I do suggest playing the second Devil Hunter Youko game.  It takes place where the first one left off, but the first one was such a boring chore, I suggest skipping it.

All three Ranma games have great cut scenes, but game quality varies.  I swear the first is impossible to beat without cheating.  The second is like the Yunas and I found it amusing.  The third is a mediocre fighting game, but it wasn't too bad.

Anyone tried the Yuu Yuu Hakushou one?  I'm not a fan of the show, but I'm still willing to give it a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version