Author Topic: Nice to meet you!  (Read 398 times)

Rollinpizza

Nice to meet you!
« on: November 30, 2023, 03:30:40 PM »
Hi! My name is Rollinpizza. From Spain.  O0

I didn't know much about the pc engine (only in magazines). That changed when I began to see twitch and an anime called High Score Girl where it talks a lot about the pc engine and its games stuff. It was a awesome discovery. Last year, my parents gave me a secondhand pc engine with his cdrom2 for Christmas. All (included games) was working except the cdrom2 drive.

I'm trying to fix the cdrom2 but I have some questions and, for this reason, here I am. I'll post my case in its correspondent thread.

Regards!!!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Nice to meet you!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 03:47:49 PM »
Hi! My name is Rollinpizza. From Spain.  O0

I didn't know much about the pc engine (only in magazines). That changed when I began to see twitch and an anime called High Score Girl where it talks a lot about the pc engine and its games stuff. It was a awesome discovery. Last year, my parents gave me a secondhand pc engine with his cdrom2 for Christmas. All (included games) was working except the cdrom2 drive.

I'm trying to fix the cdrom2 but I have some questions and, for this reason, here I am. I'll post my case in its correspondent thread.

Regards!!!

Welcome Rollin! That's so cool you got a PC E for Xmas!!  That's like a dream holiday gift! Do you have any HuCards to keep you company while you work on getting the CD drive repaired?

Rollinpizza

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 04:26:38 PM »
Yess! I have hucars and cd games that came in the pack :)

- An "everdrive" hucard.
- Outrun
- Street Fighter II
- R-type Part 1
- Art of fighting CD.
- Rastan II
- A godzilla cd game XD

Incredible this outrun version. I like it more than megadrive version. Same with the street fighter II that for me it has more arcade feeling than snes and megadrive version.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2023, 02:08:53 AM »
Welcome aboard!  That's one sweet xmas present!  I particularly enjoy Godzilla; it looks and sounds great (rowr!), and it controls awesome for a two button game (practically only one button, since one button is used for jump instead of up as is typically the case), but it's unfortunate that my lack of Japanese language skills makes it impossible for me to score high enough to unlock all of the bosses.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles