Author Topic: Game of the Month: June 2024 - Valis IV  (Read 374 times)

geise

Game of the Month: June 2024 - Valis IV
« on: June 03, 2024, 09:08:28 PM »
VALIS IV

Probably my favorite of the Valis games. For music I like 3 the best but this one is my overall favorite. I got this game summer of 94. It was a sweet deal. Picked it up for $20 used. I walked out with Rayxanber II, Valis IV, Seirei Senshi Spriggan, and one other game I can't remember. All for $80. Anyways this plays a lot better than 3 and doesn't have a water level. So, it's already better.  The cut scenes for only being a CD Rom 2 game a fantastic. This also recently got a translation and dub. I have yet to play it and I might give it a go this month. I'll play the original first. Like the previous Valis you have 3 characters to choose from and is set 15 years after 3. Lena Brande is the new protagonist and is with accompanied by her sister Amu and Asfal who is Galgear's father. This plays better than 3, but still has it's frustrating moments. Not enough to stop you from enjoying the game though. Hope the 3 of you enjoy this month. Lol!

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: June 2024 - Valis IV
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 05:35:49 PM »
Great choice! I actually just started playing around with the Valis games earlier this winter. I played thru Valis 3, and attempted the SNES sequel with 4, but gave up only a few attemps in.  AND, I heard this game NOW has an English dub!!  Awesome!

Gentlegamer

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2024, 05:54:07 PM »
I will have to Romance the CD and try the Eng dub...

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2024, 09:27:49 PM »
There might not be the same ice stage that III has, but the vertical platform stage (stage 4) gives me trouble. This should be a fun one to play this month.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Naniyue

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 10:16:57 PM »
  My favorite is still the second one, simply because I used to beat it without cheating.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2024, 08:22:44 AM »
I might need to rephrase my earlier comment of "fun to play"...Valis seems to always have aggravating platforming. I know ppl mostly play it for the anime cut scenes and panty shots, but if Telnet had more money and time, there could be a great game in there.

I'd go so far as to say, RPG is to Cosmic Fantasy 2 as Platformer is to Valis games.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

geise

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2024, 09:52:35 AM »
I might need to rephrase my earlier comment of "fun to play"...Valis seems to always have aggravating platforming. I know ppl mostly play it for the anime cut scenes and panty shots, but if Telnet had more money and time, there could be a great game in there.

I'd go so far as to say, RPG is to Cosmic Fantasy 2 as Platformer is to Valis games.
This is very true. I played Valis III first on the Feka. I really enjoyed it on that system. I'd even say it plays a tad better. It got me into the series and I eventually got all the games on the Turbo and PCE. The cut scenes were always great for the time, but in every game of the series there's some very annoying platforming parts.  Wait  till the final levels of Valis IV. Lol. Lets say I hate spikes.