Author Topic: List of Stores That Sell Turbo Games  (Read 9531 times)

somery

Re: Map of Turbo Game Stores
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 01:12:04 AM »
Just went to a Play N Trade up here, same deal.MAYBE 10-15 SNES and Genseis loose carts, everything else newest system stuff.

That sucks, Nectarsis. I'm hoping it's just because they're relatively new and haven't had time to accumulate a decent selection of old stuff through trade-ins and whatnot.

Also, I had no idea these guys were a national franchise. I thought they were just a new local place that opened up in the wake of Game Trader, but then I read your post... and when I search for video game stores in Louisiana on Google, a bunch of them pop up in different cities all around here. Interesting.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 09:01:25 AM »
I added mine, I think...?

There are two stores near me that carry an alright selection of Turbo games.

The problem is sometimes they shoot for the stars when the price em'
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

turbogrfxfan

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 11:30:38 AM »
I think its a great Idea!!!!!  I go to this place in the east village on st. markes in NYC but I dont remember the name of the place.  Ill hit you up when I get it.
"is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Press_Run

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 01:20:59 PM »
Next Level Videogames in Blackwood, New Jersey.

They got a good selection retro and modern games. Mostly overprice except for obscure systems, such as Turbo grafx and Game Gear, for fair prices. Loose sports titles for $3, Cadash (loose) $8, Super Star Soldier (loose) for $10. Most complete in case are no high than $10 with the exception of a few. They got some sealed games but all are sports. All n' all. A good place to look in, if you close by or going to be in the area.

Duo_R

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 11:36:22 PM »
How about some Nor-cal representation? From Bay Area to Sac? I found a place several years ago in Sacramento that had alot of retrogaming, and had Turbo stuff (but was priced pretty high). I totally lost the location / number and no idea if they still carry Turbo stuff. It was a small shop and had a ton of NES / SNES.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mathius

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 05:42:57 AM »
Got one for ya. McVan's Video Games in Indianapolis, IN in Broadripple on 62nd street right on the strip. Last time I was in there they had a big stack of Turbografx and Duo games including a sealed copy of Lords Of Thunder for $35. That's where I picked up my copy of Galaga '88 for $20.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Sinistron

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 07:11:37 AM »
Just got back from my honeymoon in Salem, MA- and Game Zone around the corner from my hotel carried turbografx games.  I picked up Bravoman.

Game Zone
270 Essex St
Salem, MA 01970
(978) 744-2630‎

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

RoyVegas

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 08:09:27 PM »
Found this store online and they said they had a lot in stock.  I drove out there a little while back and they did have a LOT in stock.  An entire display case of Turbo games, some even boxed.  I would estimate their stock to have somewhere near 150 games.  At the time I picked up 7-8 games, a Turbo Stick and a 3.0 system card.  Their game prices can be found at http://www.gamedude.com/TurboGrafx.htm.  Unfortunately the only way to see what they have is to either call them or go to their store, their stock isnt posted online.  Happy shopping!

Game Dude
12104 Sherman Way
North Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 764-2442
Open 7 Days A Week 11 am – 7 pm

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:19:04 PM by RoyVegas »
All is well. :)

Turbo D

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »
lol, that is where I buy a lot of my games. The interior of the store is quite breathtaking: there is a bounty of classic games. Their only downfall is the damned void stickers that they ruin everything they sell with. It took me months to get the residue of one of the hucards that had been bastardized by them.

hoobs88

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 07:25:48 AM »
I purchased some games from ebay and a few of them had 'Game Dude' stickers on the hu card and/or instruction manual. You'd think they would put them on the clear part of the jewel case so you could replace it if you didn't want residue on your game or manual. Unfortunately, they also don't have the 8 games that I need to finish my collection.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

caa718

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »
Yeah Game Dude has been around for many years.  I used to get the Game Dude mail order price list catalog when I was younger and first purchased the TG-16 from Electronics Boutique.  They are one of the rare companies that have managed to stay in business.

KingDrool

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 06:54:01 AM »
Holy crap!  I'm guessing a bunch of those games are mine.  A long while back I packed up and shipped a giant stash of mint Turbo games to Game Dude.  Of course, I've since bought back all those games and more.  Seeing those pictures just reminds me of my biggest gaming mistake ever.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

ceti alpha

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »
Holy crap!  I'm guessing a bunch of those games are mine.  A long while back I packed up and shipped a giant stash of mint Turbo games to Game Dude.  Of course, I've since bought back all those games and more.  Seeing those pictures just reminds me of my biggest gaming mistake ever.

:cry:

At least you're back in action.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Dazz

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 04:32:08 AM »
There is a place here in GA (Name i forget) that had a few titles for the Tg-16. They specialize in comic books and games. That is the ONLY place i have ever seen anything related to PC Engine.

TGX16

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 09:31:35 PM »
Game Dude still in buissness?
Shi*! I bought my first TGX16 there back in 91 when I was on months visit to the US!
I bought my first Turbo a Turbo booster plus and 17 games, I still have that system and some of the games (updated the collection with games in better condition since then) as of to day I've got all three DUO versions two TGX16 systems A Coregrafx II + the SuperCD-player and a EU Turbografx. (And two PC-FX ) But I'll never forget my visit in the Game dude store and finaly makeing a dream come true buying a Turbografx!!!