Author Topic: Compendium of walkthroughs for PC Engine RPGs  (Read 6635 times)

GUTS

Re: Compendium of walkthroughs for PC Engine RPGs
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 08:43:19 AM »
Haha Basted, awesome.  Runin didn't you say someone was working on a Xanadu walkthrough?  I'd like to play through it but I just don't have the patience to fetch quest in japanese without knowing who to talk to.

runinruder

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 03:44:11 PM »
No, I said I was thinking about writing one for it.  I don't think I'll have the patience or desire to do it, though.  There are like six million different triggers to record during the overhead parts. 

There are notes for the game up on the mindrec turbolist site.  They mention many of the important events that take place, but they're pretty vague at times and fail to mention some significant triggers, and they don't help at all with the last tower. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

runinruder

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 04:16:01 PM »
Okay, I was a little bored so I took a look around and found guides for Dragon's Curse, Dragon Slayer, Energy, and Legend of Xanadu.

I included the Xanadu link despite the misgivings I expressed in the post above this one because it's still a helpful document and it's by far the closest thing to a complete walkthrough available at this pont.  I've thought about writing up an addendum to fill in some of the blanks and posting it on these boards, but I wouldn't count on that happening. 

FM-77

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 06:34:59 AM »
What's up with using the name "Dark Fact"? :roll:

PS: His actual name is Fukt. Just saying.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2007, 07:06:44 PM »
What's up with using the name "FM-77"? :roll:

PS: His actual name is Seldane.  Just saying.

:lol:  My name is actually spelled *A*S*S*H*O*L*E* !  :lol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 02:00:00 AM »
he became fm-77 when his ps2 started to boogie down, haha.

runinruder

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 01:36:26 AM »
Tenshi no Uta walkthrough added to the list. 

m1savage

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 05:13:54 PM »
My Anearth Fantasy Stories walk through is now (more or less) complete. Finally finished putting up the rest of the areas today. I've also put up pictures and descriptions of almost all of the items, weapons, spells, etc. in the game so even those of you without a manual have no excuse not to play. See the original post in this thread for the link.

If anyone has anything to add or corrections that need to be made please let me know and I'll try to eventually fix them.

Now it's time to show a little love to some of these other PC Engine games that have waited so patiently for me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 03:02:08 AM »
Thanks, m1savage.  Your walk through looks to be quite polished and complete.  A.F.S. is now at the top of my list for whenever I finish playing my current RPG.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

GUTS

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 09:42:58 AM »
savage that is an awesome walkthrough, I think I'll bust Anearth out and try to beat it.  I was pretty far when I got stuck, at the den of begolian.  The boss there kicked my ass really, really badly.

SuperDeadite

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 04:33:01 PM »
A great Japanese guide for the first Dragon Knight.  It is in Japanese, but the maps have events ordered in numbers, and can be a life saver with the ordered events of the later floors.

Dragon Knight & Graffetti
http://www013.upp.so-net.ne.jp/ymurakami/guide/dra_knight1.htm
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 04:59:54 PM by SuperDeadite »
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Black Tiger

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 12:23:47 AM »
Haha Basted, awesome.  Runin didn't you say someone was working on a Xanadu walkthrough?  I'd like to play through it but I just don't have the patience to fetch quest in japanese without knowing who to talk to.

I actually started one the first time I played Xanadu. But because of the ridiculous triggers like Runin mentioned, I gave up on both the walkthrough and the game and started playing something else. :P

I probably would've stuck through it for longer if I hadn't already played half way through Dragon Slayer II and given up on that game for similar reasons.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

runinruder

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 12:49:52 AM »
I probably would've stuck through it for longer if I hadn't already played half way through Dragon Slayer II and given up on that game for similar reasons.

Uh oh.  I was planning to try Dragon Slayer II pretty soon.   #-o

m1savage

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 03:15:06 PM »
Dragon Slayer II isn't bad at all. You'll probably breeze through it judging from some of the other games you've played. Actually I'm pretty interested to see what you think of it.

runinruder

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 03:29:39 PM »
Dragon Slayer II isn't bad at all. You'll probably breeze through it judging from some of the other games you've played. Actually I'm pretty interested to see what you think of it.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm wary as well.  I feel like I'm in a slump lately, getting stuck in both Armageddon and Monster Maker.  I need to get things turned around.   :)