Author Topic: TG-16 games that should be on the Virtual Console!  (Read 1764 times)

MotoRoaderMike

Re: TG-16 games that should be on the Virtual Console!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 11:43:22 AM »
I forgot about "Side Arms", and can they really emulate the CD games? If that's the case, I'm hoping that they'll get "Fighting Street" on there sometime in the future.

Why???  I hope you're just looking to see the origins of the Street Fighter franchise, 'cause that game plays like ass.  To each his own (or her own) - my taste is questionable as I've been known to enjoy Sherlock Holmes.

Hey! I love the original Street Fighter! I can't understand why so many people think it sucks. It came out in 1987, for crying out loud!

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Odonadon

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 03:10:54 PM »
Hey! I love the original Street Fighter! I can't understand why so many people think it sucks. It came out in 1987, for crying out loud!

That's cuz it sucks :)  It doesn't hold a candle to, well, ANY fighting game.  The graphics are junk, the control is sloppy, what's not to hate? :)

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 03:22:57 PM »

That's cuz it sucks :)  It doesn't hold a candle to, well, ANY fighting game.  The graphics are junk, the control is sloppy, what's not to hate? :)

OD

Come on, you seriously think Street Fighter can't hold a candle to Karate Champ? Also, I know that the graphics looked cool at the time.  :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Odonadon

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 03:50:20 AM »

OD

Come on, you seriously think Street Fighter can't hold a candle to Karate Champ? Also, I know that the graphics looked cool at the time.  :)

Actually, Karate Champ is a much better game :)  Well I picked up Fighting Street not long after release, and I was pretty disappointed with the graphics even then :)  Not sure what year the graphics looked cool, but must have been before I was born :)

OD

termis

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »
Actually, Karate Champ is a much better game :)  Well I picked up Fighting Street not long after release, and I was pretty disappointed with the graphics even then :)  Not sure what year the graphics looked cool, but must have been before I was born :)

I agree, IMO Karate champ was a much better fighting  game (especially the vs. sequel) than SF/FS.   SF certainly looks better, but the controls are just absolute junk. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 07:21:04 AM »

I just can't get around the clunky controls.  Some of the backgrounds look good, the music ain't too bad, the (unintelligible) voice samples mimic the arcade, and I've seen worse sprite animation.  But the controls, or lack thereof, ruin the game.  Perhaps I just suck, but the special moves are damn near impossible (unless a cheat is used).  NES's Double Dragon is the same vintage, yet it controls better with a comparable amount of moves.  Of course, it doesn't look or sound anywhere near as good as Fighting Street, but I'll take controllability over eye and ear candy.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »

OD

OD

Street Fighter came out a couple years earlier than Fighting Street.  :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »
OK guys, back in the day, at the arcade, Street Fighter looked very kool. You must be jaded if you don't think it looked kool.

Even now, I still think it looks decent.

Now, I'm just talking about the way it looks. :)
  |    | 

Odonadon

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 03:45:08 PM »
Street Fighter came out a couple years earlier than Fighting Street.  :)

True, good point :)  Never got a chance to play the arcade (never even seen it). 

Quote from: stevek666
Even now, I still think it looks decent.

No, you couldn't be more wrong :)  My little 12 year old cousin could draw better sprites.  Come on :)

OD

TR0N

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 03:50:28 PM »
Bonk III
Magicial Chase

Given how the u.s version cost so much  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotoRoaderMike

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »
Karate Champ was a piece of crap. Now THAT'S a game that's overrated! Street Fighter definately one upped that shit.

Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

guyjin

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 07:51:50 AM »
Urban champion is a better fighting game than the first street fighter.  :wink:

"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

FM-77

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
Well, Urban Champion happens to be the best fighting game ever.

nodtveidt

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 12:54:07 PM »
China Warrior!!!!!  I would buy 6 Wiis for this.
You would...hehehe, only you. :D

Don't get me wrong, I love the game and all, but even I have to admit that it's pretty craptastic. :D

Anyways, if they enable playing CDROMs, soon everyone will be able to play Neutopia III, Mysterious Song, and Va...err...another game we're working on at Frozen Utopia, on their Wiis. :)

sunteam_paul

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 10:37:13 PM »
Anyways, if they enable playing CDROMs, soon everyone will be able to play Neutopia III, Mysterious Song, and Va...

If the next 3 letters are anything like ...lis then go shoot yourself now.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!