Author Topic: Just when you thought that Bonk couldn't get any cooler...  (Read 1058 times)

Keranu

Re: Just when you thought that Bonk couldn't get any cooler...
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »
Yeah the Japanese version is uncensored.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 12:04:35 AM »
No, it turns out that the shower scene in the game, is indeed censored, but, on the Cosmic Fantasy Visual Collection, it's not!  I have both.  Originally, I only had the visual collection, which led to some debate, since I figured that's just the way it was in the game itself.

Black Tiger

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 01:21:26 AM »
Better put Cosmic Fantasy 2 on the same Video game anit-establishment/anit-Vulgarity Congressional legislature that the Grand Theft Auto series is associated with.

My son might never get to see daffy duck blow his own face off with a shotgun, but I'll be a sumbitch if he doesn't get to see Babette in the shower!

This is kind of a side thought, but wasn't the original Japanese CF2 uncensored for Babette's shower scene?

I believe that the PCE version is the same as the WD version and that t was only the Vosual Collection that had it 'uncensored'.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 11:44:41 AM »
No, it turns out that the shower scene in the game, is indeed censored, but, on the Cosmic Fantasy Visual Collection, it's not!  I have both.  Originally, I only had the visual collection, which led to some debate, since I figured that's just the way it was in the game itself.
Oh right, I guess that's what I was confused with! I remember nodtveidt posted a screenshot comparison of the censored and uncensored versions. If I recall, the colors were a little different too in the uncensored shot.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 12:20:47 PM »
Yeah, I too seem to recall the colors being slightly different.

esteban

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 01:12:56 PM »
Yeah, I too seem to recall the colors being slightly different.
Me three!
  |    | 

esteban

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 01:17:07 PM »
Apparently, Bonk's Revenge VC is rated 'E' for "Comic Mischief" and "Tobacco Reference".  :clap:

http://wii.nintendo.com/vc_gamepage.jsp?title=bonks_revenge

What's the tobacco reference? The pirate boss?

I'm guessing that "Comic Mischief" refers to the physically deformed cave boy murdering everyone he encounters by beating them to death with his own oversized melon. :P
Awesome. Also, they spelled "Tobacco" wrong! They have "Tabacco"... unless that's the official spelling for the Bonk mythos.
  |    |