Author Topic: Mysterious Song: Release Is Pending  (Read 3886 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Mysterious Song: Release Is Pending
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 10:17:35 AM »
Hey, how about a PC-98 logo?  Then you could distribute it on a shit load of floppies in a stamped tin box with cardboard figurines, an embossed leather map, and bracelets of stupidity.  Wow, I think I could have had a job at Working Designs (or any of the other clowns churning out 'Super Collectors Special Dumb f*ck Editions').
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »
WOW! nodtveidt & company kick ass! :)

I'm buying at least 2 copies... :)
  |    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 10:29:05 AM »
Be sure to list "Mega Power", even if it is a CD.  Yes, the audio counts, and it must be rated in megabits.  So if the game actually took up 346 MB of CD space, then the package needs to boast: "2768 Mega Power!  Bigger than Street Fighter II!!!!"

Keranu

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:56 AM »
Be sure to list "Mega Power", even if it is a CD.  Yes, the audio counts, and it must be rated in megabits.  So if the game actually took up 346 MB of CD space, then the package needs to boast: "2768 Mega Power!  Bigger than Street Fighter II!!!!"
Point taken. Afterall, we have to compete with our evil competitors out there (even if they are over 15 years old)!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

2X4

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 12:27:32 PM »
Hey, how about a PC-98 logo?  Then you could distribute it on a shit load of floppies in a stamped tin box with cardboard figurines, an embossed leather map, and bracelets of stupidity.  Wow, I think I could have had a job at Working Designs (or any of the other clowns churning out 'Super Collectors Special Dumb f*ck Editions').

*unable to say anything while lying on the floor pissing myself and gasping for air*
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

nodtveidt

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 01:22:28 PM »
I have no idea what this game is about.  I hope the music didn't originate in MP3 form (well maybe for testing).  I hope uncompressed audio files were used for the final product, especially since you will be charging.  But I'm sure that's the case.
The original music was in module format. I converted these to pure waveforms after applying enhancements, Paranoia Dragon also supplied a lot of enhancements. The audio is crystal clear and FAR superior to the original tracks. For the downloadable version, the music will be in FLAC format with a decoder and batch file ready to go.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 03:47:17 PM »
Yeah, I mean considering this IS a super grafx game. :wink:

Well, to be exact, it's a SuperGrafx PC-FX hybrid. :^o

2X4

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 12:43:57 AM »
So what machine(s) will this game actually work on?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

nodtveidt

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2007, 01:27:15 AM »
All of our currently scheduled games will run on ordinary SuperCD hardware. We have future plans for SGX-CD games, a couple of ACD games (including a fighting game), and potentially a PC-FX game in the far future.

termis

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 04:04:08 AM »
All of our currently scheduled games will run on ordinary SuperCD hardware. We have future plans for SGX-CD games, a couple of ACD games (including a fighting game), and potentially a PC-FX game in the far future.

That sounds sweet!  :clap:  Why not go all out and do a SuperGrafx + ACD game?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 04:27:03 AM »

That sounds sweet!  :clap:  Why not go all out and do a SuperGrafx + ACD game?

Maybe because only eight people would actually have the hardware to play such a beast (same with a SGX-CD).  Of course, I would still buy it - thats what Magic Engine's for.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 04:36:44 AM »
Magic Engine doesn't properly handle the SuperGrafx. You would need to use mednafen. And I'm not even sure if mednafen supports ACD + SGX.

termis

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2007, 05:33:25 AM »
Maybe because only eight people would actually have the hardware to play such a beast.

I suppose so, but if something was going to be SGX+CD, might as well.

I'd bet that nearly 100% of folks who are hardcore enough to have a SGX+CD system would also have an Arcade Card.

Keranu

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2007, 07:21:05 AM »
I have a game idea I would like to make for SGX+ACD. Me and malducci were thinking about making a little test demo for it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 08:03:30 AM »
I have a game idea I would like to make for SGX+ACD. Me and malducci were thinking about making a little test demo for it.
I have been developing a title for SGX+ACD. It is a vertical shooter + puzzle hybrid in the vein of Sapphire + Blodia. Everyone will love it! :)
  |    |